|Founder||Yogendra Yadav Prashant Bhushan|
|Founded||31 July 2016|
|Headquarters||A – 189, Sector 43, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301|
|ECI Status||Registered unrecognized Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||0/545|
|Seats in Haryana Legislative Assembly||0/90|
Swaraj Abhiyan is a socio-political organisation in India that began on 14 April 2015. It was formed by Yogendra Yadav and anti-corruption activist Prashant Bhushan in Gurgaon following their expulsion from the Aam Aadmi Party. The organisation claims to transform ideology into reality and to achieve Swaraj in all aspects of life - political, economical, social and cultural. On 31 July 2016, Swaraj Abhiyan announced the decision to form a political front, Swaraj India. Subsequently on 2 October 2016, a political party - Swaraj India was announced, with intention to participate in local body elections to start with.
In late 2014, Prashant Bhushan alleged that the selection process for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidates in the forthcoming 2015 Delhi Legislative Assembly election was not in accordance with the founding principles of the party. This started a series of allegations and counter-allegations which resulted in the removal of Yogendra Yadav and Bhushan from the party's Political Affairs Committee in 2015.
These developments led to an open dialogue - Swaraj Samwad - conducted by supporters of Yadav and Bhushan on 14 April 2015 to discuss the situation and the future direction. The outcome was the formation of Swaraj Abhiyan.
Bhushan is current National President of Swaraj Abhiyan.
Jai Kisan Andolan
Swaraj Abhiyan launched a nationwide public movement called Jai Kisan Andolan to bring attention to farmers' rights in India. This aims to highlight the plight of farmers due to alleged lapses in public policies related to agriculture. Currently[when?] it is coordinating between small farmer groups across the country to raise voices against amendments in Land Acquisition Act, farmer compensations, rationalisation of minimum support price for crops and demand for a pay commission for farmers. Yogendra Yadav is National Convener of Jai Kisan Andolan.
In December 2015, Prashant Bhushan filed a Public Interest Litigation with the Supreme Court of India on behalf of Swaraj Abhiyan, requesting the court's intervention to ensuring proper supply of grains, pulses and sugar through the public distribution system in drought-affected states, as prescribed by the national food security law of 2013.
- "List of Political Parties and Symbols (Notification)" (PDF). Election Commission of India. 18 January 2013.
- Yadav, Yogendra. "Interview: Yogendra Yadav on How the Swaraj Abhiyan's Political Party Plans to Be Different". theWire.
- "Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan's Swaraj India to contest 50 wards in BMC polls". The Indian Express. 5 October 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "AAP: Explosive letters leaked. Retrieved 21 April 2015".
- "AAP reconciliation talks fail; Yadav, Bhushan accuse Kejriwal of forcing them to quit". First Post.
- "Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav out of key AAP panel". Indian Express.
- "AAP rebels hold Swaraj Samvad in Gurgaon: 10 big developments". India Today.
- "'Swaraj Samwad' on April 14 an Attempt to Break AAP: Yogendra Yadav". NDTV.
- "Swaraj Samvad a Political movement: AAP rebels Bhushan, Yadav unsure of forming new Political party". First Post.
- "Swaraj Abhiyan enters politics via farmers". The Times of India.
- "Yogendra Yadav to lead 10-day 'tractor' march to Delhi". Indian Express.
- "Yogendra Yadav to interact with farmers on July 4". The Times of India.
- Vishwanath, Apurva (17 December 2015). "SC directs government to expedite drought relief to affected farmers". Livemint. Retrieved 26 May 2018.