Hard (TV series)
|Created by||Cathy Verney|
|Country of origin||France|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||18 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||25 minutes/episode|
|Distributor||Sky Arts (UK)|
|Original airing||9 May 2008|
Hard is a French television series created and produced by Cathy Verney, airing since 9 May 2008 on Canal+ in France, and later internationally. The series focuses on the pornographic movie industry. It is part of the "New Trilogy" collection on Canal+.
After the sudden death of her husband, Sophie discovers through her mother-in-law, that her late husband did not run a successful software company, but instead produced pornographic films, with Soph'X being the legacy.
Between bewilderment and dismay, after discovering a world she couldn't conceive in a thousand miles, she hesitates between taking over the company or selling everything to resume her job as a lawyer. To pay the mortgage held by her husband before his death, she has to decide to modernize Soph'X, until a meeting with porn star and pillar of the company, Roy Lapoutre, forces her hand.
- Natacha Lindinger – Sophie
- François Vincentelli – Jean-Marc Danel as Roy Lapoutre
- Michèle Moretti – Louise
- Katia Lewkowicz – Lucile
- Stéphan Wojtowicz – Pierre
- Eric Herson-Macarel – Andrea
- Axel Wursten – Jules
- Fanny Sidney – Violette
- Nadir Legrand – Igor
- Anne Caillon – Mathilde
- Denis Podalydès – himself (season 1)
- Charlie Smith – Corrado
- Cedric Chevalme – Rudy
- Claire Nadeau – Sophie's mother (season 2)
- Guillaume Gallienne – himself (season 2)
- Cécile de France – herself (season 2)
- Claire Dumas – Joujou
- Elli Medeiros – Eve
- François Civil – Tony (season 2)
- Gregory Bonnet – Georges (season 2)
- Samuel Jouy – Lucas (season 1)
- Lyes Salem – Henri Sainte-Rose (season 2)
- Season 1 originally aired from 9 to 23 May 2008, over 6 episodes of 26 minutes.
- Season 2 originally aired from 30 May to 20 June 2011, over 12 episodes of 26 minutes.
- On 22 August 2012, Canal+ officially announced the release of Season 3.
The first season of the series was also broadcast in Hungary late 2010 under the title Derült égből porn, on the channel HBO Magyarország. It was proposed as a TV movie in two parts, the first lasting 74 minutes and the second lasting 78 minutes. Sky Arts started airing the first series in July 2013.