Banana pancakes is a pancake dish prepared using bananas and pancake batter as primary ingredients. The bananas can be mashed or sliced, after which they are added to the batter or served on top. Banana pancakes can also be topped with various other ingredients alongside bananas such as pancake syrup, maple syrup, honey, butter, whipped cream, ice cream, powdered sugar, chocolate sauce and others. Banana pancakes can be prepared as a low-carbohydrate dish by using oats instead of wheat flour. It can be prepared as a gluten-free dish by omitting the use of flour or using a gluten-free flour.
In popular culture
- Lukins, S. (1994). All Around the World Cookbook. Workman Pub. pp. 15–16. ISBN 978-1-56305-237-8. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- Reinfeld, M.; Murray, J. (2010). The 30 Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired Recipes--from Soba Noodles to Summer Rolls. Da Capo Press. p. 50. ISBN 978-0-7382-1382-8. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- "Will you be following the trend this pancake day?". Somerset Live. February 28, 2017. Archived from the original on February 28, 2017. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- "WATCH: How to make Tony & Jen's delicious low carb banana pancakes". Independent.ie. February 28, 2017. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- Wierks, Kylee (March 7, 2017). "Easy 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes are perfect for National Pancake Day". Fox 59. Retrieved March 14, 2017.
- Simpson, Lily (March 14, 2017). "The Detox Kitchen's gluten-free banana pancakes with chocolate sauce". The Telegraph. Retrieved March 14, 2017.
- Simpson, A.C. (2009). Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food: 65 Everyday Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Over 150 Great-Tasting, Down-Home Recipes. The Experiment. p. 54. ISBN 978-1-61519-109-3. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- "Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson". Songfacts.