Disney Channel (Europe, Middle East, and Africa)
|Disney Channel |
(Southeast Europe, Middle East and Africa)
|Launched||September 25, 2004|
|Owned by||Disney Channels Worldwide|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Slogan||The best place to be |
Find your story!
(animated series dubbed, live-action programming subtitled in HD feed only)
(live-action programming subtitled, animated series not localised)
|Sister channel(s)||Disney Junior|
|DStv (Sub-Saharan Africa)||Channel 303|
|OSN (Middle East and North Africa)||Channel 350 (HD)|
Disney Channel is a European-managed pay television channel owned by the European branch of The Walt Disney Company, broadcasting in the Balkans, Greece, the Middle East and Africa.
It previously used to cover Poland and Turkey with their respective audio tracks until 2010 and 2012 respectively, when two localised feeds were launched for those countries.
The broadcast of Playhouse Disney ceased on 1 June 2011 with the launch of Disney Junior as a separate channel. Disney XD was also launched in 2011. The station adopted a new logo from Disney Channel in the US, accompanied by the introduction of the current logo in 2011. In South Africa, on June 2014 Multichoice was fined R5000 for failing to provide a warning before airing an advertisement for the fantasy drama Wolfblood, which contained scenes of horror, on Disney XD on the morning of 31 December 2013.
The channel adopted a new logo and underwent a brand design on 21 July 2014.
- A.N.T. Farm
- Alex & Co.
- Binny and the Ghost
- Descendants Wicked World
- Disney's Mickey Mouse
- Evermoor Chronicles
- Hank Zipzer
- Hotel Transylvania: The Series
- K.C. Undercover
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
- Penny on M.A.R.S.
- Raven's Home
- Rolling with the Ronks
- Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch
- Shake It Up
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
- Tangled: The Series
- Tsum Tsum Shorts
- "Disney Junior launches in Africa on DStv". multichoice.co.za. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 13, 2014.
- "Multichoice fined for Disney 'horror'". iol.co.za. Retrieved July 13, 2014.
- "Disney Channel unveils its new logo and on-air branding across Africa". mediaupdate.co.za. Retrieved July 27, 2014.