Dnipropetrovsk International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
Міжнародний аеропорт «Дніпропетровськ»
|Elevation AMSL||481 ft / 147 m|
Dnipropetrovsk International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт «Дніпропетровськ», Russian: Международный аэропорт «Днепропетровск») (IATA: DNK, ICAO: UKDD) is an airport serving Dnipropetrovsk, a city in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine. It is located 15 kilometres (8 NM) southeast from the city center.
The airport resides at an elevation of 481 feet (147 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 08/26 with a concrete surface measuring 2,841 by 44 metres (9,321 ft × 144 ft). The airport is currently owned by its major airline partner Dniproavia. This has resulted in a number of management problems and has slowed the airfield's development as Dniproavia has, on a number of occasions, refused to be forthcoming with the required funds to undertake a comprehensive modernisation program. In addition to this, foreign airlines have found it difficult to gain access to Dnipropetrovsk as a result of Dniproavia's protectionist policies along routes to and from the airport.
As of 2011 the airport's owners have initiated a program to develop a new terminal complex at Dnipropetrovsk International. This project will see the construction of a large new international terminal, similar in specifications to the newly built terminal at Kharkiv International Airport. It is believed that once constructed, Dniproavia and all other international airlines will use the new terminal, whilst domestic and charter carriers will use the 1960s terminal which currently serves as the airport's only passenger handling facility.
Airlines and destinations
|Dniproavia||Baku, Istanbul-Atatürk, Kiev-Boryspil, Kiev-Zhulyany, Lviv, Odessa, Tbilisi
Seasonal: Batumi, Burgas, Larnaca
|Ellinair||Seasonal charter: Thessaloniki|
|Ukraine International Airlines||Kiev-Boryspil
Seasonal: Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion
|Windrose Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya, Heraklion, Sharm el-Sheikh, Tivat|
Being a part of the Soviet Union, in 1990, the highest level of airport`s passenger traffic was registered. Dnepropetrovsk International Airport has noted a slow growth in the number of passengers since 2010 year, when the active phase of reconstruction was started.
|Year||Total passengers||Change from previous year|
- Airport information for UKDD from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for DNK at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- "Flight schedule". «Dniproavia» airlines. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Flight schedule". http://dniproavia.com/. «Dniproavia» airlines. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Schedule". dnk.aero. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "МАУ в апреле откроет авиарейс Днепропетровск–Тель-Авив". Interfax-Ukraine. 5 March 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
Media related to Dnipropetrovsk International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- (Russian)/(Ukrainian) Airport history
- (Ukrainian) Civil airports in Ukraine and their operators
- Current weather for UKDD at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for DNK at Aviation Safety Network