Kavach (TV series)
|Also known as||Kavach... Kaali Shaktiyon Se|
Kavach... Maha Shivratri
|Genre||Supernatural horror |
|Directed by||Santram Verma|
|Creative director(s)||Sandip Sikand|
|Starring||Mona Singh |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||57 as of 23 June 2019|
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
|Running time||44–55 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Picture format||576i |
|Original release||11 June 2016 –|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||47||11 June 2016||20 November 2016|
|2||10||25 May 2019||TBA|
The series revolves around love, passion and obsession that breaks the barriers between the living world and the afterlife. The series explores the never ending love of Paridhi for her husband Rajbeer to protect him from Manjulika, Rajbeer's former lover who has become a spirit after her death and has come to haunt him and Paridhi.
The series portrays a Shiva temple in Dev Lali and the secret of mahashivratri beside a cremation ground where an unmarried woman worships Lord Shiva in that temple at 4 am can see her future husband's face. Evil spirits wander fearlessly at this time. Twenty years after the disappearance of her paternal aunt, Sandhya, an unmarried girl ends up in the same temple where her aunt had disappeared, through certain circumstances. There, she worships Lord Shiva, while being mesmerized by his dance with Goddess Parvati and in return she gets to see her future husband's face. Meanwhile, she gets engaged with Angad, her boss, but unfortunately she meets the man whom Lord Shiva had destined to be her future husband, during her ring ceremony, the man is supposed to be Angad's best friend Kapil. This raises a lot of confusion in Sandhya's mind . On the other hand, she also believes that Angad is in a relationship with another woman. Meanwhile all throughout the wedding rituals, Sandhya is constantly haunted by the ghosts and spirits stimulated by her at the temple, where every time Kapil saves her and instills more doubts about Angad in her. Finally, Sandhya decides to get married to Angad to test his loyalty, but as things had been destined by Lord Shiva, Sandhya gets married to Kapil. But it turns out that Kapil is an evil entity with hidden motives of revenge which he had been holding for the past two years. Soon Sandhya comes to know all of Kapil's evil ploys and regrets her misdeeds towards Angad, she realizes that Angad is her true love and shield from Kapil. Therefore, Sadhya and Angad marry each other but unfortunately Kapil possesses Angad's body after their marriage. Now how will Sandhya become a Kawach for her love from all evil??
- Mona Singh as Paridhi Bundela, a half human-half fairy.
- Vivek Dahiya as Rajbeer Bundela.
- Mahek Chahal/Sara Khan as Manjulika, a Pisachini.
- Ashwini Kalsekar as Saudamini, Manjulika's mother.
- Deepali Kamath as Dhaarini Bundela, Rajbeer's aunt.
- Shiva Randani as Rajbeer's uncle.
- Preeti Gupta/Resha Konkar as Natasha Bundela, Shakti's wife.
- Arun Singh Rana as Vikraant Bundela, Rajbeer's brother.
- Anurag Sharma as Shakti Bundela, Rajbeer's brother.
- Astha Agarwal as Minty, Paridhi's friend.
- Neena Cheema as Paridhi's grandmother.
- Avdeep Sidhu as Vishal, Shreya's deceased former fiancé.
- Parveen Kaur as Shreya's mother-in-law, who is also Vishal's mother.
- Leena Jumani as a woman under possession of a malevolent spirit.
- Garima Jain as Nisha, Rajbeer's deceased former fiancé
- Arjun Bijlani as Arhaan, a jinn.
- Jyoti Gauba as Bhavya, a fairy who is Paridhi's biological mother.
- Malhar Pandya as Dr. Akaash Mehra, a psychiatrist.
- Pavitra Punia as Ritu, Kabir's sister and Rajbeer's former fiancé.
- Mehul Vyas as Kabir, Ritu's brother, Shreya's husband.
- Mohit Abrol as Jolly, a malevolent spirit.
- Ritu Vijj as Jaanki Bundela, Shakti's foster mother and Rajbeer's mother.
- Deepika Singh as Sandhya "Sandy" Angad Jindal (née Patwardhan), Angad's wife, Kapil's ex-wife
- Namik Paul as Angad "Andy" Jindal, Sandhya’s second husband 
- Vin Rana as Kapil Mittal, an evil spirit, Sandhya’s first husband
- Yogita Bihani as Manju Patwardhan– Madhuri's daughter; Sandhya's aunt
- Hritu Dudani as Nisha– Angad's friend and former lover
- Rushal Parakh as Devesh "Dev" Mathur– Angad's friend
- Mallika Nayak as Malini Jindal– Angad's mother
- Nidhi Shah as Suman Patwardhan– Usha and Vinayak's daughter; Sandhya's sister
- Harsh Vashisht as Jolly Jindal– Angad's uncle
- Sushil Parashar as Veerendra Patwardhan– Madhuri's husband; Sandhya's grandfather
- Deepali Kamath as Usha Patwardhan – Vinayak's wife; Sandhya's mother
- Shirin Sewani as Archana– Sandhya's friend
- Rishika Nag as Ranjana– Sandhya's friend
- Suraj Kakkar as Kartik Patwardhan– Sandhya's cousin
- Smita Oak as Madhuri Patwardhan– Sandhya's grandmother
- Sabina Jat as Roohi Jindal, Angad's sister
- Kabeer Kumar as Akhil Patwardhan; Sandhya's cousin
- Vijhay Badlaani as Rishi, an IAS officer
- Afzaal Khan
- Manuj Bhaskar
- "New Series Kavach loosely based on story of Savitri and Satyavan".
- "Sara Khan all set to do steamy scenes with Kawach co-actor Vivek Dahiya".
- DelhiApril 22, India Today Web Desk New; April 22, 2019UPDATED:; Ist, 2019 13:55. "Kavach 2 first teaser out: Deepika Singh, Namik Paul, Vin Rana star in an intriguing supernatural tale". India Today. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "Mona Singh Back with Ekta Kapoor for Kavach". The Times of India. 24 February 2016.
- "Vivek Dahiya opposite Mona Singh in Kavach". The Times of India. 31 March 2016.
- "Sara Khan all set to do steamy scenes with Kavach co-actor-Vivek Dahiya".
- "Ashwini Kalsekar as maha chudail in Kavach". The Times of India. 18 April 2016.
- "Arjun Bijlani to play a jinn in Kavach". The Times of India. 2 August 2016.
- "Jyoti Gauba s Fairy avatar for Colors Kavach". TellyChakkar.com. 1 September 2016.
- "Kavach 2 first promo released, Deepika Singh, Namik Paul and Vin Rana stir curiosity in this supernatural show". PINKVILLA. Retrieved 6 May 2019.