Kokomo, Indiana metropolitan area
The Kokomo Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of Howard county in Indiana, anchored by the city of Kokomo. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 101,541 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 98,787). The official 2013 population estimate for the metro area is 82,760 people are in the Kokomo metropolitan area. The MSA formerly included Tipton County, Indiana. Kokomo is also the principal city of the area known as North Central Indiana, the area around Kokomo with economic ties. The six county area including Cass, Clinton, Fulton, Howard, Miami, and Tipton counties had population of 228,331 people in 2010.
- Indian Heights (annexed to city of Kokomo in 2012)
As of the census of 2000, there were 101,541 people, 41,269 households, and 28,307 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 91.13% White, 5.50% African American, 0.33% Native American, 0.90% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.76% from other races, and 1.36% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.88% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $46,017, and the median income for a family was $54,566. Males had a median income of $42,938 versus $25,814 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $21,988.
Combined Statistical Area
The Kokomo–Peru Combined Statistical Area (CSA) is made up of three counties in Indiana. The statistical area includes one metropolitan area and one micropolitan area. As of the 2000 Census, the CSA had a population of 137,623 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 134,788). A 2013 population estimate placed the combined statistical area at 118,900 however, which again, further leads to the idea that the Kokomo Metropolitan area now only includes Howard County.
- Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs)
- Kokomo (Howard and Tipton counties)
- Micropolitan Statistical Areas (μSA)
- Peru (Miami County)
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)". 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Archived from the original (CSV) on March 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "American FactFinder - Metro and Micropolitan Areas Chart Table - US Census". US Census. Archived from the original on 15 August 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-02)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- "American FactFinder - Combined Statistical Areas - US Census". US Census. Archived from the original on 15 August 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2014.