List of most expensive buildings
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The inclusion or exclusion of items from this list or length of this list is disputed.
Below lists the most expensive buildings in the world, which cost the most money to construct. As of 2019 the most expensive building is the Masjid Al Haram (Mosque) in Saudi Arabia, which costs around 100 billion $US.
Note: A building is briefly defined as a structure with a roof and walls, standing more or less permanently in one place, such as a house or factory. Airports are excluded as their construction cost includes runways and systems; terminal buildings can still be included in the list.
- List of megaprojects
- List of largest buildings in the world
- List of tallest buildings in the world
- List of largest hotels in the world
- "ITER disputes DOE's cost estimate of fusion project". Physics Today. 2018. doi:10.1063/PT.6.2.20180416a.
- Wainwright, Oliver (23 October 2012). "Mecca's mega architecture casts shadow over hajj" – via The Guardian.
- "Riyadh Expands Masjid al-Haram". OnIslam.net. 6 January 2008. Archived from the original on 28 December 2013.
- "Revealed: The world's 20 most expensive buildings". The Telegraph. 27 July 2016.
- The 10 most expensive buildings in the world
- Wainwright, Oliver (15 November 2013). "All hail the mothership: Norman Foster's $5bn Apple HQ revealed". The Guardian.
- - Apple Campus 2 cost 5 billion Projects: Foster and Partners
- "Resorts World Sentosa: Singapore Buildings - e-architect". 20 July 2010.
- Brinson, Will (27 March 2018). "NFL Reportedly Raising Debt Limit on Rams Stadium after L.A. Project nears $5B Price Tag". Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- Cohen, Muhammad. "Wynn Opens Extravagant $4.2B Palace In Slumping Macau". Forbes. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Arquitectonica". 25 October 2010.
- "One World Trade Center Will Cost $3.8 Billion, Making It The Most Expensive Building In The World". 31 January 2012 – via Huff Post.
- "svd.se/nya-karolinska-tio-miljarder-kronor-dyrare-att-bygga". Svenska Dagbladet.
- "Algeria set to finally open world's 3rd largest mosque built at a cost of $2 bln".
- National Children's Hospital
- eub2. "ECB's new building to cost more than expected, says official — EUbusiness.com - EU news, business and politics".
- Termoelektrarna Šoštanj blok 6
- Burj Dubai cost $1.5bn to build
- "Building Permits at Electric Avenue, McCarran, NV, 89434".
- "Singapore's $1.3 billion airport expansion is half botanical garden, half mega-mall". Fast Company. 12 April 2019. Retrieved 20 April 2019.
- Parliament House, Canberra
- "Fennovoiman hinta noussut jo 6,5–7 miljardiin euroon". Maaseudun Tulevaisuus (in Finnish). Retrieved 13 January 2019.