Powerbeats Pro are wireless Bluetooth earbuds created by Apple. They were first released on May 10, 2019. They are sold alongside the AirPods Pro, and AirPods. In addition, their wireless capabilities along with premium audio are accompanied with adjustable ear hooks that ensures a secure fit.
Powerbeats Pro provides wireless earphones with adjustable, secure-fit earhooks.
Apple first announced the Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones on April 3, 2019, starting at $249.99 USD. Each earbud features an ear hook design to ensure a secure fit. Each earbud also comes equipped with volume and track controls, which allows users to use the earbuds independent of each other or together.
They feature Apple’s H1 chip, which can also be found in the second generation AirPods. This H1 chip allows for compatible Apple devices (see below) to be able to use certain features such as a stronger connection and faster pairing. The Powerbeats Pro can automatically sync through Apple's iCloud service allowing users to switch audio sources to other supported devices connected by the same Apple ID. These features aren’t available to android users.
The H1 chip also has improvements when it comes to battery life. Apple claims that each earbud on the Powerbeats Pro can get up to 9 hours of playback. In addition, the included charging case will allow for users to gain an additional 1.5 hours of playback with only 5 minutes of charging.
Powerbeats Pro are compatible with any device that supports Bluetooth 4.0 or higher, including Android devices, although certain features such as automatic switching between devices are only available on Apple devices using iCloud. Powerbeats Pro have full functionality with the following Apple devices:
- iPhone 5 or newer, running iOS 10 or later
- iPod Touch 6th generation or newer, running iOS 10 or later
- 2013 iPads (Air, Mini 2) or newer, running iOS 10 or later
- Macs running macOS Sierra or later
- Apple TV 4th generation or newer
- Apple Watch models running watchOS 3 or later.
Apple offers AppleCare+ with the purchase of the Powerbeats Pro. AppleCare+ is Apple's brand name for extended warranty and technical support for most of their devices. Each set of AirPods, Beats earphones, or Beats headphones purchased from Apple will come with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty. AppleCare+ extends your coverage to two years purchase date and covers up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage. In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone. In addition, the Powerbeats Pro contain upgradable firmware.
- Clover, Juli. "Powerbeats Pro: Apple's Sporty AirPods Alternative". www.macrumors.com. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- Clover, Juli. "Apple Announces Powerbeats Pro, Launching Soon for $250". www.macrumors.com. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- "What does the Apple H1 chip mean for audio? Do Android users have an alternative?". Android Authority. 2019-05-02. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- Evans, Jonny (2019-03-20). "What we know about Apple's new H1 AirPod chip". Computerworld. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- "Powerbeats Pro". Beats by Dre. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- "AirPods", Wikipedia, 2019-12-02, retrieved 2019-12-05
- "AppleCare Products - Headphones". Apple. Retrieved 2019-12-05.
- "Update Your Beats - Beats By Dre". your.beatsbydre.com. Retrieved 2019-12-05.