|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference.
Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.
|January 2018 +/-|
|BLT @ DUMBO NYC||January 11, 2018|
|Sydney, NSW, Australia||January 13, 2018|
|London 126||January 14, 2018|
|Manchester 35||January 14, 2018|
|San Diego 26||January 14, 2018|
|EaT8 @ Amon Carter Museum||January 18, 2018|
|Adelaide 20||January 19, 2018|
|Canberra, ACT, Australia||January 20, 2018|
|Johor 5||January 20, 2018|
|Oxford 57||January 21, 2018|
|February 2018 +/-|
|London 127||February 11, 2018|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
The Wikipedia Bangalore meetup is a monthly get-together of wikipedians (contributors and users) to meet up, discuss, share experiences, reach out and advocate for wikipedia and wikimedia.
As discussed in the Bangalore Meetup 3 in July, Wikipedians in Bangalore (Bangapedians) will meet up every month on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday at 3 PM. The meetups are intended to be structured as follows —Introductions, a few focused talks by Wikipedians to share experience / expertise followed by demos and open discussions on topics of common interest.
Pre-Meeting discussions can be on the talk page please.
Date and Venue
Date: : Sunday, 15-August-2010 3:00 PM IST
Please note this is a new venue.
The Centre for Internet and Society
No. 194, 2nd 'C' Cross,
Domlur 2nd Stage
Opposite to Domlur Club
Bangalore 560 071
Anyone interested in Wikipedia (user, contributor or curious about it). Wikipedians from any part of India or the world and anyone who is interested in Wikipedia! Meetup is open to members of all Wikimedia projects and Wikipedians from all languages. All are welcome, and we are especially interested in seeing newcomers to join the experienced Wikipedians/Wikimedians. If you are interested in coming, please add your name below.
- By Road:
- From MG Road, Brigade Road, Central Business District, Vidhan Soudha - Come straight on Old Airport Road towards Domlur, and take a Left after Steves Gym / Paratha House. Go straight, and continue straight after the Domlur BDA Complex crossroads. Further, go straight, cross bridge over storm water drain, and take Left AFTER The Energy Research Institute [TERI]. You will see Domlur Club on the LEFT. Take a right onto the SECOND lane, opposite the gate of the Club. The CIS building has a white gate and is on the RIGHT-hand side, first gate.
- From Hosur Road, Electronics City, Koramangala, Sarjapur, Bannerghatta - Take Inner Ring Road/Intermediate Ring Road towards the Domlur-Old Airport flyover. Proceed straight towards Indra Nagar by taking the flyover. Take a Left just AFTER the flyover, before the Pedestrian Foot Over Bridge [FOB]. Proceed forward and take the Third LEFT towards TERI. Take a Right before TERI and proceed as above.
- From Old Airport, HAL, Marathalli, Varthur - Come on Old Airport-Varthur Road, cross Domlur flyover, take a Right AT the flyover proceed towards IndraNagar and proceed as per above to reach.
- From Old Madras, Road, Indira Nagar, Ulsoor - Take 100feet Road [Under Metro] to Domlur flyover. Take a Right BEFORE the flyover, at the Pedestrian Foot Over Bridge [FOB]. Proceed forward and take the Third LEFT towards TERI. Take a Right before TERI and proceed as above.
- By Bus:
- From Kempegowda Bus Station [Majestic], KR Market, Shivaji Nagar, take a bus towards Old Airport, Domlur and get down at the Water Tank and Proceed as above.
- From Banashankari, Central Silk Board - Take a bus terminating at Domlur. Get down after the Indira Nagar FOB, and walk towards TERI as mentioned above. Take a bus going toward Indira Nagar. Get down before the flyover, walk towards, the Water tank, and proceed as above.
- Meet and connect: Introductions by Wikipedians.
- DYK bot on Indian topic
- Brainstorming on action plans for Wikimedia India chapter.
- Networking & Snacks.
- Tinu Cherian
- Arunram (talk)
- Gautam John
- Logicwiki (talk)
- Magician Philip
- naveenpf (talk)
- Sunil Abraham, CIS
- -- Tinu Cherian - 05:27, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
--Forty twoThanks for all the fish! 05:53, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- Arunram (talk) 19:23, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Rameshng (talk)
- Logicwiki (talk)
- naveenpf (talk) 03:09, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Magician Philip
Please list external links announcing the meet-up here.
Please list post meeting coverage links here.
- Tweet with #WPMBL17 twitter hashtag http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23WPMBL17
Please list coverage of this event by media here.
Please upload to commons and add category Commons:Category:Bangalore Meetup Aug10