||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
August 6, 1944 |
Bombay, British India
|Nationality||India, United States|
|Alma mater||University of Mumbai (B.Sc.)
University of Cambridge (B.A.)
Dixit received a B.Sc. from Bombay University in 1963 in Mathematics and Physics, a B.A. from Cambridge University in 1965 in Mathematics (Corpus Christi College, First Class), and a Ph.D. in 1968 from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Economics.
As of 2011[update], Dixit is the John J. F. Sherrerd '52 University Professor of Economics at Princeton University, and has been since July 1989. He was previously a professor of Economics and International Affairs. He previously taught at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, at the University of California, Berkeley, at Balliol College at Oxford University as the Lord Thomson of Fleet Fellow and Lecturer in Economics, and at the University of Warwick.
He was President of the Econometric Society in 2001, and was Vice-President (2002) and President (2008) of the American Economic Association. He was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in 1992 and the National Academy of Sciences in 2005.
- 1976. The Theory of Equilibrium Growth. Oxford University Press.
- 1980. Theory of International Trade, with Victor Norman. Cambridge University Press
-  1990. Optimization in Economic Theory, 2nd ed., Oxford. Description and contents preview.
- 1991. Thinking Strategically: The Competitive Edge in Business, Politics, and Everyday Life, with Barry Nalebuff, New York: W.W. Norton.
- 1993. The Art of Smooth Pasting, Vol. 55 of series Fundamentals of Pure and Applied Economics, eds. Jacques Lesourne and Hugo Sonnenschein. Reading, UK: Harwood Academic Publishers.
- 1996a.Investment Under Uncertainty, co-authored by Robert Pindyck. Princeton University Press.
- 1996b. The Making of Economic Policy: A Transaction Cost Politics Perspective (Munich Lectures in Economics), M.I.T. Press. Description.
- 2004. Lawlessness and Economics: Alternative Modes of Governance], Gorman Lectures in Economics, University College London, Princeton University Press. Description and ch. 1, Economics With and Without the Law.
- 2008a. The Art of Strategy: A Game-Theorist's Guide to Success in Business and Life with Barry Nalebuff, New York: W. W. Norton.
- 2008b. "economic governance," in The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, 2nd Edition. Abstract.
- 2009. Games of Strategy, with Susan Skeath, New York: W. W. Norton, 1999, 3rd edition.
- Jeremy Clift (December 2010). "Fun & Games". Finance & Development. People in Economics 47 (4).