|Municipality and Town|
Location of the municipality of Paraćin within Serbia
|• Mayor||Saša Paunović (DS)|
|• Municipality||542 km2 (209 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Area code||+381 35|
Paraćin (Serbian Cyrillic: Параћин, pronounced [pâratɕin]) is a town and municipality in Serbia, located in the valley of the Velika Morava river, north of Kruševac and southeast of Kragujevac. In 2011 the town has total population of 24,573 and it has a civil airport, also known as Davidovac Airport.
Apart from the town of Paraćin, the municipality includes the following settlements, along with number of residents (2002 census):
- Ana Nikolić, Serbian pop singer
- Bojan Krkić, Spanish footballer of Serbian origin
- Ivana Sert, Serbian-Turkish TV personality, model, and fashion designer.
- Marčelo, Serbian hip hop musician
- Nenad Đorđević, Serbian footballer
Twin towns — Sister cities
Paraćin is twinned with:
- Eleftherio-Kordelio, Greece
- Perdika, Greece
- Murska Sobota, Slovenia
- Jablanica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- "Municipalities of Serbia, 2006". Statistical Office of Serbia. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "2011 Census of Population, Households and Dwellings in the Republic of Serbia: Comparative Overview of the Number of Population in 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991, 2002 and 2011, Data by settlements". Statistical Office of Republic Of Serbia, Belgrade. 2014. ISBN 978-86-6161-109-4. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paraćin.|
- Official web presentation of Paraćin Municipality
- The independent portal of Paracin
- Cultural Center of Paraćin
- Paraćin kao na Dlanu
- Hotel Petrus
- Oglasi Paraćin - Internet oglasi grada Paraćina
- Paraćin countryside
- Tourist organization of Paraćin
|This Pomoravlje District, Serbia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|