Follow Your Heart
|Founded||August 26, 1963|
|Masumi Minegishi, President and Representative Board Director|
|Revenue||1,006.6 billion Yen (consolidated) (Fiscal year ended March 31, 2008)|
Recruit Co., Ltd. (株式会社リクルート) is a classified advertisement, publication and human resources company in Japan, founded in 1963 originally as an advertisement company specialized in university newspapers.
The company based its core business around job matchmaking particularly between ready-to-graduate students and corporates in the 60s, further expanding into matchmaking of job change seekers, as well as real estate and rental information in the 1970s. By the end of the 1980s, the company was also engaged in the publication of classified ad magazines covering fields such as part-time job listings, automobile and overseas travel.
In 1988, the company was reported to be engaged in the so-called Recruit scandal, which led to the retirement of founder Hiromasa Ezoe from the company and his share being sold to Daiei, from which it became independent in 2000.
While expanding its channel for distribution information from paper publication to the net and mobile, the company has been pushing for a shift of their revenue from advertisement to "real" human resource provisioning. As a result, its share of consolidated revenue from human resource related business in fiscal ending 2008 has grown to 44.9% from 24.2% in 2005.
In June 2012 it was announced that Recruit plans to go public within the next year. A holding company will be established in October 2012, and it will be listed on either the Tokyo Stock Exchange or another exchange.
Recruit's publications include these:
- From A, information on temporary employment
- B-ing, information on employment and changing jobs in mid-career
- Travaille, information on temporary assignments
- Gaten, specializing in job information for fields such as construction workers, drivers and mechanics
- Jūtaku Jōhō, information on housing
- A-B Road, information on travel abroad
- Jalan, information on travel within Japan
- Recruit Navi, a membership Web site for employment information
- "Recruit to go public more than 20 years after scandal". The Yomiuri Shimbun. June 27, 2012. Archived from the original on June 30, 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2012.