Chandra Prasad Saikia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chandra Prasad Saikia|
9 July 1927|
Jalukgaon, Amguri, Sivasagar district , Assam
|Died||8 August 2006|
|Occupation||Writer, Editor & Publisher|
|Alma mater||Presidency College, Kolkata|
Assam Valley Literary Award |
Sahitya Akademi Award
Chandra Prasad Saikia (1927–2006) was a writer from Assam, India. He was the president of the Asam Sahitya Sabha held at Hajo and Jorhat district, Assam in 1999 and 2000, respectively. Saikia was born on 9 July 1927 at Jalukgaon, Amguri in Sivasagar district, Assam. After having primary education in Sivasagar he had left for Kolkata for higher education.
- Tore More Alokare Yatra
- Short story collections
- Nachpati Phool
- Chandra Prasad Saikiar Nirbachita Galpa
- Nirbachita Sampadakiya
- Americar Chithi
Awards & Honours
- Assam Valley Literary Award
- Sahitya Akademi Award
- Padma Bhushan (2007)
- Publication Board Award (2000).
- Assamese literature
- History of Assamese literature
- List of Asam Sahitya Sabha presidents
- List of Assamese writers with their pen names
- "Asam Sahitya Sabha is the foremost and the most popular organization of Assam". Vedanti.com. Archived from the original on 26 September 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|