|Other names||原 實|
|Known for||Sanskrit and Buddhist literature|
He is a professor emeritus at the University of Tokyo. His writings include Words for Love in Sanskrit, Tapas in the Smriti Literature, Pasupata Doctrine as Transmitted by Vedantins and A Note on Purna-Kumbha . Budda charita budda no shoÌ"gai, Memorial Ojihara Yutaka Studia Indologica and Studies on Indian philosophy and literature in Japan, 1973-1983 are some his other publications. He is an elected member of the Japan Academy (2000). The Government of India awarded him the third highest civilian honour of the Padma Bhushan, in 2009, for his contributions to Indian literature and education. Harānandalaharī (Volume in Honour of Prof. Minoru Hara) is a book published by Pietro Chierichetti in honor of Hara.
- "Minoru Hara on Universität Wien". Universität Wien. 2016. Retrieved June 26, 2016.
- "Hara Minoru". Japan Academy. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Minoru Hara (2007). "Words for Love in Sanskrit". Rivista degli studi orientali. 80. JSTOR 41913379.
- Minoru Hara (1979). "Tapas in the Smrithi Literature" (PDF). Indologica. 23 (39).
- Minoru Hara (1979). "Pasupata Doctrine as Transmitted by Vedantins" (PDF). Indologica Taurinensia. 25 (5).
- Minoru Hara (2003). "A Note on Purna-Kumbha". Studia Asiatica. International Journal for Asian Studies. IV (4): 517–537.
- Minoru Hara (2004). Budda charita budda no shoÌ"gai. ChuÌ"oÌ" KoÌ"ron Shinsha. ISBN 978-4122044104. ASIN 4122044103.
- Yagi Toru, Hara Minoru (2007). Memorial Ojihara Yutaka Studia Indologica. Tokyo Bunko. ASIN B002CO6PZ6.
- Minoru Hara (1985). Studies on Indian philosophy and literature in Japan, 1973-1983. Centre for East Asian Cultural Studies. ISBN 978-4896563078. ASIN 4896563077.
- "Member Japan Academy". Japan Academy. 2016. Retrieved June 26, 2016.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 15, 2014. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- "Haranandalari (Volume in Honour of Prof. Minoru Hara)". Academia. 2016. Retrieved June 26, 2016.
|This biographical article about a Japanese academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|