|Born||12 August 1942|
Rajasthan, British India
|Residence||New Delhi, India|
Disability Rights Activist, Author
Founder and President of Tamana Association New Delhi
Ex- Principal of Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram
Shayama Chona (born 12 August 1942) is the Founder-President of Tamana Association (established. 1984)  and the former Principal of Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram. In 1997, she was presented with the National Award for Individual for Best Work Done in The Cause of the Disabled. Under her leadership as President of the Governing Council, Tamana Association received the First Mother Teresa Award for its dedicated services to the intellectually impaired.
Tamana Association was conceived on the basis of the name, "Tamana", her daughter, who was born with cerebral palsy. The first centre, Tamana Special School was inaugurated by Her Royal Highness, Diana, Princess of Wales, on 12 February 1992.
Awards and recognition
- Member Mission for Women and Child Development under Prime Minister in Ministry of Women & Child Development
- Member Education on UNESCO (INCCU) India.
- Member Round Table Ministry of HRD Govt. of India
- Member Sub-committee of Planning Commission on PPP, Govt . of India.
- Member Central Board of Secondary Education, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India
- Member Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India
- National Advisor & Member Apex Committee, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- Member Selection Committee National Commission for Protection of Child Rights
- Member Central Advisory Board of Education CABE, Ministry of HRD Govt of India
- Honorary Senior Advisor Education Department, Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
- Trustee Nehru Bal Samiti, New Delhi.
- Trustee Smt. Kamlesh Ahuja Memorial Public Welfare Trust
- Member University of Nova Scotia
- Member Advisory Board from India for Hong Kong University.
- Honorary Director Mayoor International School, Noida.
- Member Advisory Board of Meghe Group of Schools, Nagpur.
- Honorary Director Lotus Valley International School, Noida
- Honorary President Lotus Valley International School, Gurgaon
- 19 Mentor PP International school, Pitampura, Delhi
- Founder Member & President `Tamana’ special schools, New Delhi
- Member Advisory Committee of Palriwala India Foundation, Rajasthan.
- Member Advisory Board of Greater Valley School, Noida
- Member Educomp Solution Trust
- Independent Director Educomp Solutions Ltd
- Honorary Director Perfect International Public Scheme
- Member Advisory Board Coca-Cola India Foundation
- Member Medanta Independent Ethics Committee, Medanta –The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Member Advisory Board Base Sports India Pvt Ltd
- Member The Energy and Resources Institute TERI
- President Special Schools Sports Council of India, New Delhi.
- "It's a woman's world after all: These successful female leaders prove women can make their mark". Daily Mail. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Farewell to outgoing Principal Dr. Shayama Chona". Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- Aru Srivastava (28 June 1999). "A DPS Principal's Plan For Educating Underprivileged Children". Outlook. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- "Padma Awards Directory (1954–2009)" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 May 2013.
- Tamana, March 1984