|Founded||July 14, 1978|
|Headquarters||Bristol, Connecticut, United States|
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company (80%)
ESPN Inc. is an American sports media conglomerate based in Bristol, Connecticut. Jointly owned by The Walt Disney Company and the Hearst Corporation (which owns a 20% minority share), it owns various sports broadcasting operations, including cable channels (such as the titular ESPN), a sports radio network, an accompanying website, and other assets.
ESPN markets itself as the "Worldwide Leader in Sports". Most programming on ESPN networks consist of live or tape-delayed sporting events, sports news programming, sports talk shows, and original series and documentaries.
In August 2016, Disney purchased a 1/3 stake in BAMTech for $1 billion from MLB Advanced Media with the option to purchase a majority share. Disney purchased the stake to first develop a ESPN subscription streaming service. The service would not include any current ESPN channel or its content, but tap BAMTech licensed rights and ESPN college rights.
- ESPN (1979–present)
- ESPN International (1989–present)
- ESPN2 (1993–present)
- ESPN Australia (1995–present)
- ESPN Brasil (1995–1999, partnered with TVA; 1999–present, wholly owned by ESPN Inc.)
- ESPNews (1996–present)
- ESPN Classic (1997–present)
- ESPN PPV (1999–present)
- CTV Specialty Television/The Sports Network, Inc. (2001–present, owns 20% of this subsidiary of Bell Media)
- ESPN Films (2001–present)
- ESPN Deportes (2004–present)
- ESPNU (2005–present)
- ESPN Goal Line, Buzzer Beater, and Bases Loaded (2010-present)
- ESPN Events, also called ESPN Regional Television
- Longhorn Network (2011–present, joint venture with The University of Texas at Austin and IMG College)
- SEC Network (2014–present)
- ESPN Radio (1992–present)
- ESPN Deportes Radio (2005–present)
- ESPN Xtra (2008–present)
- LRI710 ESPN 107.9 (2010–Present)
- Rádio Eldorado ESPN (2007–2011)
- Rádio Estadão ESPN (2011–2012)
- KESN (FM 103.3, Dallas-Fort Worth; owned by Disney, but operated by Cumulus Media under a local marketing agreement)
- KSPN (AM 710, Los Angeles)
- WEPN-FM (FM 98.7, New York City)
- WEPN (AM) (AM 1050, New York City)
- WMVP (AM 1000, Chicago)
- ESPN TalkSPORT (2012–present)
- WEEI (AM 850, Boston; operated by ESPN Inc. under a local marketing agreement with its licensee, Entercom)
- ESPN.com (1993–present), flagship site
- ESPN3 (2005–present), known as ESPN360.com from 2005–2010
- ESPN Motion (2003–present), broadband video
- WatchESPN (2011–present), known as ESPN Networks from 2010–2011
- espnW.com, focusing on women
- ESPN.mobi, mobile site
- ESPN Deportes.com, Spanish language
- ESPN.com.br, Brazil
- ESPN FC, soccer, formerly ESPN Soccernet
- ESPNF1.com, Formula 1
- ESPNcricinfo, cricket
- ESPNScrum.com, rugby union
- EXPN.com, extreme sports
In the United Kingdom, ESPN has been owned and operated by British Telecommunications PLC since 2013. However, most of the content shown on the ESPN channel in the United Kingdom is regulated by its owners in Bristol.
- ESPY Awards (1993–present)
- ESPN The Magazine (1998–present)
- The ESPN Sports Poll (1994–present)
- ESPN Broadband (2002–present)
- ESPN Books (2004–present)
- ESPNU.com (2005–present)
- ESPN Deportes La Revista (2005–present)
- ESPN Integration (2006–present)
- ESPN Online Games (2006–present)
- ESPN Wide World of Sports (2010–present)
- College football bowl games owned by ESPN Plus
- X Games (1995–present)
- "ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports". espn.go.com. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "ESPN, Inc.: Private Company Information". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "ESPN, Inc. | Company Profile". hoovers.com. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- "ESPN". hearst.com. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Badenhausen, Kurt. "Why ESPN Is Worth $40 Billion As The World's Most Valuable Media Property". forbes.com. Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Miller, Daniel (August 9, 2016). "Walt Disney Co. buys stake in video streaming service BAMTech". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- http://sport.bt.com/programmeshub/programmes/espn-on-bt-sport-S11363815368673 |accessdate= 30th September 2014