Fourteen Words is a reference to a well-known white supremacist and white nationalist slogan: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." It can be used to refer to a different 14-word slogan: "Because the beauty of the White Aryan woman must not perish from the earth."
Both slogans were coined by David Lane, convicted member of the white supremacist terrorist organization The Order, and publicized through the efforts of the now defunct Fourteen Word Press which helped popularize it and other writings of Lane. The first slogan is claimed to have been inspired (albeit not by Lane or by Fourteen Word Press) by a statement, 88 words in length, from Volume 1, Chapter 8 of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf:
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. Every thought and every idea, every doctrine and all knowledge, must serve this purpose. And everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.
Whereas some Neo-Nazis combine the number 14 with 88, as in "14/88" or "1488" with the 8s representing the eighth letter of the alphabet (H), with "HH" standing for "Heil Hitler",  Lane used 88 to refer to his 88 Precepts with "14-88" representing "14 Words and 88 Precepts" which are fundamental doctrine in the racialist pagan religion of Wotanism founded by Lane and Ron McVan involving the "Pyramid Prophecy" which posited that there was a code within the King James Version of the Bible. The "14/88" symbol has since been used by other white supremacists.
- "Hate on Display: 14 words". Anti-Defamation League. Retrieved 2007-06-01.
- Gardell, Mattias. Gods of the Blood: The Pagan Revival and White Separatism. p. 69.
- Brian Palmer (2008-10-29). "White Supremacists by the Numbers". slate.com. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- Biddiscombe, Perry (1998). Werwolf!: The History of the National Socialist Guerrilla Movement, 1944-1946. note 58. ISBN 978-0-8020-0862-6.
- "David Lane's Pyramid Prophecy Part 3". davidlane1488.com. Retrieved 25 November 2015.