|Traded as||BSE: 524494
|Founded||19 October 1949 (Mumbai)|
Dr. N.S. Tibrawala
|Prem Chand Godha, MD,
Mr. AK Jain, JMD
|Revenue||₹15.59 billion (US$230 million)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||CCPL Software, Ipca Traditional Remedies|
Ipca Laboratories is an international pharmaceutical company based in Mumbai, India. It produces Theo bromine, Acetylthiophene, and P-Bromo Toluene as Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). Ipca sales these APIs and their intermediates world over. It produces more than 150 formulations that include oral liquids, tablets, dry powders, and capsules. The various kinds of drug intermediates that the company manufactures include Theo bromine, Acetylthiophene, and P- Bromo Toluene and promotes over 36 countries of Asia, Africa, CIS, and South America, including Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nigeria, Oman, Russia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Ukraine, Vietnam and Yemen. The main activities of company are to produce and market pharmaceuticals and drugs. The various products of the company include formulations, drug intermediates, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
In 2004, Forbes selected Ipca, for the second consecutive year as one among the first 200 'Best under a Billion Company' in Asia.
It also got certification from US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), UK-Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), South Africa-Medicines Control Council (MCC), Brazil-Brazilian National Health Vigilance Agency (ANVISA) and Australia-Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). On 29 Jan 2016 the FDA issued a warning letter, WL: 320-16-07, for failure to comply with good manufacturing processes (GMP) under section 21 of the code of federal regulations (21 CFR).
It was founded by group of businessmen and medical professionals in 1949. In 1975, the management of the company was taken over by Amitabh Bachchan, Ajitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, M.R. Chandurkar, P.C. Godha.
- "Ipca Laboratories Ltd. :: Contact Us :: India Offices". Ipcalabs.com. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Ipca Laboratories targets Rs 425cr turnover this year". Expressindia.com. 15 September 2000. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "A K Jain re-designated as JMD of Ipca Laboratories - Express Pharma". Expresspharmaonline.com. 31 August 2010. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Ipca Laboratories Ltd plans to diversify into Ayurveda business". AyurvedNews.com. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "Ipca Laboratories". Business.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Interview of Mr. AK Jain, Executive Director, Ipca Laboratories Ltd". Indiainfoline.com. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Ipca Laboratories Ltd Background details about Company Profile". Indiainfoline.com. 9 August 1988. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "WL: 320-16-07". FDA.gov. Retrieved 16 Feb 2016.
- "IPCA Laboratories Ltd Term Buy Call: StocksIdea.com | TopNews". Topnews.in. 15 December 2009. Retrieved 1 December 2010.