|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|P.V.Ramprasad Reddy, , Mr. K. Nityananda Reddy, Mr. Govind, Dr. A Rama Mohana Rao, Madhan Mohan Reddy|
|Products||Formulation, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, Organic Intermediates|
|Revenue||₹121.20 billion (US$1.9 billion) (2015)|
Number of employees
|11,500 (March 2015)|
Aurobindo Pharma Limited is a pharmaceutical manufacturing company headquartered in HITEC City, Hyderabad, India. The company manufactures generic pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. The company’s area of activity includes six major therapeutic/product areas: antibiotics, anti-retrovirals, cardiovascular products, central nervous system products, gastroenterologicals, and anti-allergics. The company markets these products in over 125 countries. Its marketing partners include AstraZeneca and Pfizer.
The company commenced operations in 1988-89 with a single unit manufacturing semi-synthetic penicillin (SSP) in Puducherry. Aurobindo Pharma became a public company in 1992 and listed its shares in the Indian stock exchanges in 1995. Aurobindo Pharma also has a presence in key therapeutic segments such as neurosciences, cardiovascular, anti-retrovirals, anti-diabetics, gastroenterology and cephalosporins, among others.
Aurobindo Pharma features among the top 10 companies in India in terms of consolidated revenues. Aurobindo exports to over 125 countries across the globe with more than 70% of its revenues derived out of international operations.
In December 2016, the attorneys general of 20 states filed a civil complaint accusing Aurobindo Pharma of a coordinated scheme to artificially maintain high prices for a generic antibiotic and diabetes drug. The complaint alleged price collusion schemes between six pharmaceutical firms including informal gatherings, telephone calls, and text messages.
- "Slowdown Signals: IT, pharma only silver lining in dark jobs cloud". The Indian Express. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- "Aurobindo Pharma signs supply pact with AstraZeneca", Economic Times, September 6, 2010
- "Pfizer, Astra deals to drive Aurobindo Pharma’s growth", Economic Times, November 5, 2010
- "Aurobindo Buys Actavis' European Operations". News: Industry Watch. Gen. Eng. Biotechnol. News (paper). 34 (4). 15 February 2014. p. 10.
- "Aurobindo To Buyout Actavis' EU Ops". Bloomberg TV India. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- Thomas, Katie (2016-12-15). "20 States Accuse Generic Drug Companies of Price Fixing". The New York Times. Retrieved 2016-12-16.