This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||BSE: 500096|
OTC & Ayurvedic medicines
|Revenue||₹88.29 billion (US$1.2 billion) (2018-2019)|
|₹14.46 billion (US$200 million) (2018-19) |
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Dabur demerged its Pharma business in 2003 and hived it off into a separate company, Dabur Pharma Ltd. German company Fresenius SE bought a 73.27% equity stake in Dabur Pharma in June 2008 at Rs 76.50 a share.
Dabur's Healthcare Division has over 260 products for treating a range of ailments and body conditions, from common cold to chronic paralysis. Dabur International, a fully owned subsidiary of Dabur India formerly held shares in the UAE based Weikfield International, which it sold in June 2012.
In the mid-1880s, Dr. S.K. Burman, an Ayurvedic practitioner in Kolkata, concocted medicines for diseases like cholera, constipation and malaria. He went on to set up Dabur India Ltd in 1884 to mass-produce his Ayurvedic formulations. His son, C.L. Burman, set up Dabur's first R&D unit. The current chairman, Dr. Anand Burman, and vice-chairman Amit Burman, are part of the fifth generation of the Burman family. The Burmans were among the first business families in India to separate ownership from management when they handed over the management of the company to professionals in 1998.
Sustainable Development Society
The Sustainable Development Society (Sundesh), a non-profit organisation started by Burman, aims to carry out welfare activities in the spheres of health care, education and other socio-economic activities. Dabur drives its corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives through Sundesh.
In the Brand Trust Report 2012, Dabur was ranked 45th among India's most trusted brands and subsequently, according to the Brand Trust Report 2013, Dabur was ranked 65th among India's most trusted brands. In 2014 however, Dabur was ranked 109th among India's most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory, a brand analytics company. But the Brand Trust Report 2015 puts Dabur at 19th place, a notable gainers by 90 positions.
Former executive director Pradip Burman was on the list of black money account holders on 27 October 2014 when BJP government revealed the names. Dabur rejected the black money charge. Inappropriate use of cultural symbols provocation in the advertisements by Dabur during worldcup made some Indian Bengalis angry and they asked to boycott Dabur in July 2019.
Awards and recognition
National Academia Veterinary Science fellowship to Ayurvet, 2017
- I League 2018–present
- Dabur Research Foundation
- Mumbai Magicians (Hockey India League team)
- Pune Pistons (Indian Badminton League team)
- Babool (brand) of toothpaste
- Meswak brand of toothpaste
- Teeth cleaning twig (datun)
- "Dabur Q4 Results". Economic Times. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
- "Dabur North America, Dabur Chyawanprash, Chyawan Granules, Dabur USA". Dabur.com. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "Annual Report 2014-15". Dabur.com. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- Our founder. Dabur.com. Retrieved on 23 December 2013.
- "India's Most Trusted Brands". Archived from the original on 2 May 2015.
- "www.icis.com/resources/news/2003/05/22/196152/dabur-india-demerges-pharma-business-from-fmcg-ops/". www.icis.com. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Dabur subsidiary divests stake in UAE-based group firm Weikfield International". The Times Of India. 30 June 2012.
- "Dabur to set up plant in Pakistan by March 2008". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 18 February 2007. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- "Dabur ropes in Pak's Afridi to endorse Hajmola". economictimes.indiatimes.com. 5 November 2010. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- "How Dabur's Burmans Segregated Family and Business | Forbes India". Forbes India. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- "Making A Difference." Dabur India (Media centre). Accessed October 2011.
- (14 June 2011.) "Snapdeal adopts village in Uttar Pradesh and residents renames village to Snapdeal.com." The Economic Times (The Times of India). Accessed September 2011.
- Vats, Rachit (28 August 2011.) "Social branding." Archived 19 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine Hindustantimes.com. Accessed September 2011.
- Reporter, B. S. "Brand trust survey shows surprise gainers; Indian firms, too, make presence felt". Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Dabur rejects black money charge against Pradip Burman, Lodhiya 'shocked' to see his name:News18 Videos". Ibnlive.in.com. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- National Academy of Veterinary Science. "Minutes of the Meeting of Government Council" (PDF). NAVSIndia.org. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dabur.|