This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mahé district is one of the four districts of the Union Territory of Puducherry in India. It consists of the whole of the Mahé region. Mahé is the smallest district of India by size. The total area of Mahé District is surrounded by North Malabar of Kerala State. Three sides by Kannur District and one side by Kozhikode District. In fact, geographically Mahé District is part of North Malabar.
According to the 2011 census Mahé district has a population of 41,934, roughly equal to the nation of Liechtenstein. This gives it a ranking of 635th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 4,659 inhabitants per square kilometre (12,070/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 13.86%. Mahé has a sex ratio of 1,176 females for every 1,000 males, and a literacy rate of 98.35%.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mahé district.|
- Mahe District official website
- title = District census 2011
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Pondicherry: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. p. 1222. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
212 Liechtenstein 35,236 July 2011 est.
|This article related to a location in the Indian union territory of Puducherry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|