Sant Kabir Nagar district
|Sant Kabir Nagar district
संत कबीर नगर जनपद
سنت کبیر نگر ضلع
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Sant Kabir Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh
|Tehsils||Khalilabad, Mehdawal, Dhanghata|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Sant Kabir Nagar(Rajesultanpur,Alapur, Khajni, Mehdawal)|
|• Total||1,659.15 km2 (640.60 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||66.72 per cent|
|Major highways||Rajesultanpur-Mehdawal HWY|
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Sant Kabir Nagar one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Sant Kabir Nagar district has a population of 1,714,300, roughly equal to the nation of The Gambia or the US state of Nebraska. This gives it a ranking of 283rd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,041 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,700/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 20.71%.  Sant Kabir Nagar has a sex ratio of 969 females for every 1000 males and a literacy rate of 69.01%. As per 2001 census, Muslims account for nearly 24% of the districts population, the remaining being Hindus.
- Sant Kabir Das, poet
- Takiyawan Fair Ground, Sikri
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (8 September 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Gambia, The 1,797,860 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sant Kabir Nagar district.|
- Sant Kabir Nagar district website
- Sant Kabir Nagar District Court Website
- Sant Kabir Nagar census 2011 data
|Basti district||Gorakhpur district|
|Ambedkar Nagar district|