This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Red-link templates and hatnote need proper translation (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Sambhal district in Uttar Pradesh
|Tehsils||Sambhal, Chandausi, Gunnaur|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Sambhal|
|• Assembly seats||Sambhal, Asmoli, Chandausi, Gunnaur|
|• Sex ratio||78%|
|Average annual precipitation||115cm mm|
Sambhal has been an urban center for hundreds of years. it was a prominent town during the medieval period. The painting shown here is a folio from the Baburnama, and depicts an awards ceremony in Sultan Ibrahim Lodi's court before an expedition to Sambhal in the early 16th century.
The district was announced on 28 September 2011 and created by the state government on 23 July 2012 as one of three new districts in the state. At the time of its creation, the state government decided to name the new district "Bhimnagar" in honour of Bhimrao Ambedkar. However, massive protests broke out in Sambhal town and the adjoining rural areas against the move to give a new name to the ancient town. Sambhal had been known by the same name for over five hundred years, had been an important town in medieval India, and had never had any connection with Bhimrao Ambedkar, the dalit icon. The protests against renaming the town were successful and the government had to revert to the old name of Sambhal.
The district of Sambhal is part of the Moradabad division Uttar Pradesh state. The town of Bahjoi is its headquarters. The districts which adjoin Sambhal district are (clockwise from north) Amroha, Moradabad, Rampur, Badaun, Aligarh and Bulandshahr.
The nearest major metropolis is New Delhi. Sambhal lies 158.6 kilometres (98.5 mi) due east from New Delhi, past Ghaziabad, Noida and Hapur. The driving time from New Delhi is about 2 hours 40 minutes. Sambhal lies 355 km north-west from the state capital Lucknow.
Sambhal district has four Assembly constituencies of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly as
Literacy rate of sambhal district is 57% and sex ratio is 78%.
There are a lot of schools, colleges and degree colleges in Sambhal district. Many Islamic Madarsas are playing an important role in field of education.
Famous Degree Colleges in sambhal
- Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Post Graduate College
- Government Degree College Sambhal
- S.M. Degree College
- Sambhal College of Engineering and Management
- Ishrat Group Of Institutions Sambhal
- Model Public Law College
- M B M Girls Inter College Sirsi
- I M Inter College Sirsi
- H H Inter College wavaie
Sambhal district divided in three tehsils:
other major towns in sambhal district are
- Al-Qadeer Higher Secondary School, Sambhal
- Hind Inter College, Sambhal
- Government Degree College Sambhal
- Madrasa Sirajul Uloom Hilali Sarai Sambhal
- UP: Protest in Sambhal Over Change of District's Name Archived 16 April 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- "UP gets three new districts: Prabuddhanagar, Panchsheel Nagar, Bhimnagar". The Indian Express. 29 September 2011. Archived from the original on 22 January 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Bandh in Sambhal over location of new district headquarters". Retrieved 2012-10-27.
- "Population by Country (2018) - Worldometers". www.worldometers.info. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "US States - Ranked by Population 2018". worldpopulationreview.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sambhal district.|
- "Official Website District Sambhal". Sambhal District.