Hamirpur district, Uttar Pradesh
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Hamirpur district in Uttar Pradesh
|Headquarters||Hamirpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Tehsils||Hamirpur Tehsil, Rath Tehsil, Maudaha Tehsil, Sarila Tehsil|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Hamirpur|
|• Assembly seats||Hamirpur, Rath|
|• Total||4,121 km2 (1,591 sq mi)|
|• Density||270/km2 (690/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||70.16 per cent|
|Major highways||National Highway 86|
Hamirpur district is one of the 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India and Hamirpur town is the district headquarters. Hamirpur district is a part of Chitrakoot Division. The district occupies an area of 4,121.9 km². The district has a population of 1,042,374 (2001 census). As of 2011 it is the third least populous district of Uttar Pradesh (out of 71), after Mahoba and Chitrakoot. Two major rivers Yamuna and Betwa meet here . On the banks of river Betwa lies the "Coarse sand" which is exported to many parts in U.P.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Hamirpur one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Hamirpur district, Uttar Pradesh has a population of 1,104,021, roughly equal to the nation of Cyprus or the US state of Rhode Island. This gives it a ranking of 417th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 268 inhabitants per square kilometre (690/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 5.78%. Hamirpur has a sex ratio of 860 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 70.16%.
Swami Prasad Singh- Congress Leader Ashok Singh Chandel- MLA, BJP Vijay Bhadur singh, Sr. Advocate ( High Court), Ex. MP, Ex. Advocate General Surendra Singh Parihar, Chairman, Saraswati Vidya mandin, BJP Leader and Sr. Advocate Ganga charan rajput, Ex. MP Pushpendra singh, MP, BJP Mehar baba Samiti
Tongues spoken in Hamirpur include Bundeli, which has a lexical similarity of 72-91% with Hindi (compared to 60% for German and English) and is spoken by about 7,800,000 people in Bundelkhand.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Cyprus 1,120,489 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
Rhode Island 1,052,567
- M. Paul Lewis, ed. (2009). "Bagheli: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- M. Paul Lewis, ed. (2009). "English". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
|Adjacent places of Hamirpur district, Uttar Pradesh|
||Jalaun district||Kanpur Dehat district||Kanpur Nagar district
|Jhansi district||Banda district|