رام پور ضلع
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Rampur district in Uttar Pradesh
|Headquarters||Rampur, Uttar Pradesh|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Rampur|
|• Total||2,367 km2 (914 sq mi)|
|• Density||990/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
Rampur district is one of the districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India, and Rampur town is the district headquarters. Rampur district is a part of Moradabad division. The district occupies an area of 2,367 km². This district has a population of 1,922,450 (2001 Census). Rampur is known for its 'Rampuri knives'.
The district comprises five tehsils: Rampur, Bilaspur, Milak, Shahabad, Suar and Tanda
Birthplace of Indian Cinema Actors
- Raza Murad an Hindi Cinema's Veteran Actor was born and brought-up in Rampur.
- Pran a Bollywood actor was brought up Here.
According to the 2011 Census of India, Rampur district has a population of 2,335,398, roughly equal to the nation of Latvia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 194th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 987 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,560/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 21.4%. Rampur has a sex ratio of 905 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 75.08%. 50% of the population of Rampur is Muslim.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "Rampur Religion Census 2011". Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 2015-10-19.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Latvia 2,204,708 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Mexico - 2,059,179
||Udham Singh Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh|
|Moradabad district||Bareilly district|
|This Rampur district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|