|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|— Wikipedian —|
|Family and friends|
|Education and employment|
|High school||Turpin High School|
|University||University of Cincinnati|
|Hobbies, favourites and beliefs|
The AfD for the first article I created (just to keep a record): Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Battlecarrier
An interesting effort to add seriously constructive discussion to a Wikipedia article: Talk:Rage comic/Educational Review Umich/SI 110. Apparently it was done as part of a course at the University of Michigan called Introduction to Information Studies.
Pages I Have Created
- List of surviving Curtiss C-46 Commandos
- List of displayed Bell UH-1 Iroquois
- List of surviving Cessna T-37 Tweets
- List of displayed Bell AH-1 Cobras
- List of Ridiculous Wikipedia Lists
- Quite possibly the record for least notable popular culture section on Wikipedia.
- User:Eagles247/Notable Moments on Wikipedia — inspired this list.
- User:Skamecrazy123/Amusing Wiki Quotes — son of the above list.
- Wikipedia:Silly Things
- Some unintentional hilarity results when an author complains about an article for one of his books being inaccurate, proceeds to try and fix it, and is told: "I understand your point that the author is the greatest authority on their own work, but we require secondary sources.". Angered, he proceeds to write an open letter, ironically providing the very thing lacking for needed change to the article. Cue Wikipedia having a recursive meta crisis.
- Please note, I have now realized the above characterization of the THS situation is not entirely accurate. However, it remains here as it is still somewhat close to the actual state of affairs and is funny.
- More fun!
- Demographics of the Canadian political blogosphere
- E-book#Comparison to printed books
- Some excellently ironic writing: "After HMS Foresight was damaged in an air attack, Tartar took her in tow, and attempted to bring her to Gibraltar. On the way she was the target of an unsuccessful attack by U-73 on 13 August, and after that it was decided that attempts to save Foresight were hopeless. Tartar took off Foresight’s crew, then scuttled her with a torpedo." —From the article on "HMS Tartar" (Emphasis Added)
- This excellent acronym joke.
- The best file summary I have ever seen.
- An image with an excellent description.
- More ironic writing: "The Eclipse 500 was heavily marketed as a very light jet[.]" —From the article on "Very light jet"
- An excellent infobox proposal
- Rivertorch points out an important quality for a prophet to have.
- Even more ironic writing: "[Equivocation] is often confused with amphiboly; the difference is that equivocation arises from an ambiguous definition of a word, while amphiboly refers to ambiguous sentence structure due to punctuation or syntax." —From the article on equivocation
- Someone was apparently very proud of their new article.
- Apparently, yes.
- Bad Bad Bad PICTURESSSSSSSSSS
- "U.S. Army Spc. David Cartwright from Martinsburg, W. Va., of the 1st Platoon, 230th Military Police Company, 793rd Military Police Battalion, 18th Military Police Brigade, improves community relations by engaging with local Iraqi puppies at the Iraqi Police District Headquarters in Mahawil, Iraq, on Dec. 21." —File Description (Emphasis Added)
- "A paraphrase is usually introduced with verbum dicendi—a declaratory expression to signal the transition to the paraphrase." —From the article on "Paraphrase"
- Did someone just paraphrase "paraphrase"? Also, did they use a "verbum dicendi" in a sentence on "verbum dicendi"? (In the form of an em-dash)
- And finally, the best article on all of Wikipedia: Wikipedia:Unusual articles
Major Changes to Wikipedia
- Removal of spoiler banners.
- Changing of watchlist, etc. tabs.
- Changing of editing interface.
- Addition of article reviews.
- Addition of notifications.
- Addition of ability to thank people for their edits.
|Search user languages|
|29 July 2015|