Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|Intercommunality||CA Paris - Vallée de la Marne|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Michel Ricart|
|Area1||3.37 km2 (1.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,400/km2 (11,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||77258 /77185|
|Elevation||70–109 m (230–358 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants are called the Lognots.
Lognes has the highest proportion of Asians than any town in France, with over 40% of the population being of Asian descent, almost exclusively being or having ancestry from the former colonies of French Indochina (Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam). Ethnic business districts and community associations serving the Asian population are found throughout the city, a contrast from the quick assimilation often characteristic of the Vietnamese, Laotian and Cambodian populations in France.
As of 1998, 26% of the population was Asian.
The town has the following primary school groups (preschool and elementary school):
- Groupe scolaire Le Segrais
- Groupe scolaire Le Four
- Groupe scolaire La Maillière
- Groupe scolaire Le Village
- Groupe scolaire Le Mandinet
Lognes has the following tertiary educational institutions:
- Unité Clinique Ostéopathique ADERO
- Ecole Supérieure de Management en Alternance
- Ecole Supérieure de Commerce International
- RISE Marne la Vallée
- Polytheig école des hautes études d’information et de gestion
- Guillon, Michelle. "The Chinese and Chinese Districts in Paris" (Chapter 11). In: Sinn, Elizabeth (editor). The Last Half Century of Chinese Overseas. Hong Kong University Press, 1 January 1998. ISBN 9622094465, 9789622094468. CITED: p. 198.
- "Annuaire des groupes scolaires." Town of Lognes. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Enseignement secondaire." Town of Lognes. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Enseignement supérieur." Town of Lognes. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lognes.|
- Official Site (French)
- 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France région) (English)
- Map of Lognes on Michelin (English)
|This article related to a Seine-et-Marne location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|