Beijing University of Chemical Technology
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Motto in English
|Integrity, Knowledge, Sharing & Works|
|Campus||Urban, 3 Campuses|
|Nickname||BUCT, Běihuà, Huàdà|
Beijing University of Chemical Technology (simplified Chinese: 北京化工大学; traditional Chinese: 北京化工大學; pinyin: Běijīng Huàgōng Dàxué), abbreviated as BUCT, colloquially known in Chinese as Beihua (北化, Běihuà) or Huada (化大, Huàdà), is a technological university in mainland China. BUCT was founded in 1958 and is affiliated with the Ministry of Education. As a member university of the Project 211, BUCT has developed from an institution of scientific specialties to a more comprehensive university, with a curriculum including liberal arts.
The university, covering an area of 64.4 hectares, is composed of three campuses:
- East campus (headquarters): located on the eastern section of the North Third Ring Road, southeast of the Asian Games Village.
- West campus: On the central section of the West Third Ring Road.
- North campus: locates in Changping, near Lake Shisanling. Most of the North campus had been sold to China University of Petroleum while the remaining will be the dormitory for the staff, since the new North campus, a.k.a. Nankou campus, is a little bit more far from the East campus and requires additional dorm for staff.
- Nankou campus: locates in Changping, about 1km from the Changping Xishankou Station of Beijing Subway Line: Changping. Near the Institute of Nuclear Energy Technology, Tsinghua University.
Currently, the undergraduates in BUCT spend their first 2 years in the north campus and then transferred to the East section for the second half of the study. Some of the postgraduates in BUCT spend their first year in the north campus, too.
The east campus is designated for all postgraduate students.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
BUCT consists of 10 schools: Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Information Science and Technology, Economic Management, Science, Humanities and Law, Life Science and Technology, and Further Education and Vocational Education. There are around 1800 staff members are working on campus, and around 12000 students.
Research and academic achievements
BUCT has built 15 research institutes and eight research centers across China. The university has published three different academic journals, distributed both at home and abroad. In recent years, BUCT has undertaken research projects for state science and technology, and various others supported by the National Science Foundation and various ministries and enterprises.
- Zhou Xiaochuan - Governor of the People's Bank of China, in charge of the monetary policy of the People's Republic of China.
- He Guoqiang - Member of Politburo of the Communist Party of China
- Official Website (Chinese)