John Todd (British biologist)
John Andrew Todd
|Alma mater||University of Edinburgh|
|Awards||David Rumbough Award for Scientific Excellence|
|Institutions||University of Cambridge|
University of Oxford
|Doctoral advisor||Professor David Ellar|
|Influenced||Professor Hugh McDevitt|
John Andrew Todd FMedSci FRS is Professor of Precision Medicine at the University of Oxford, director of the Wellcome Center for Human Genetics and the JDRF/Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, in addition to Jeffrey Cheah Fellow in Medicine at Brasenose College. He works in collaboration with David Clayton and Linda Wicker to examine the molecular basis of type 1 diabetes.
Todd received a Bsc in Biological Sciences from the University of Edinburgh (1980), he went on to study a PhD in Biochemistry at the University of Cambridge supervised by David Ellar which he completed in 1983 with a thesis entitled "Penicillin-binding proteins during growth and differentiation of bacilli".
Awards and Honors
- Founding Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences (1998).
- Honorary Member of the Royal College of Physicians (2000).
- Fellow of the Royal Society in (2009).
- JDRF David Rumbrough Award for Scientific Excellence (2011).
- Helmholtz international fellow award (2015).
- "Professor John Todd". Brasenose College, University of Oxford. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "NEW WCHG Director — Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics". www.well.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved 2019-07-15.
- "Professor John A Todd FRS FMedSci". Nuffield Department of Medicine: Medical Sciences Division. University of Oxford. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Professor John Todd - Brasenose College, Oxford". www.bnc.ox.ac.uk. Retrieved 2019-07-15.
- "Defence cell genetics unscrambled". BBC News. 22 January 2007.
- "Royal Society". royalsociety.org. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- Todd, John (8 November 1983). "Penicillin-binding proteins during growth and differentiation of bacilli". iDiscover Cambridge University. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- "Professor John Todd | The Academy of Medical Sciences". acmedsci.ac.uk. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- "Professor John Todd - Networks of evidence and expertise for public policy". www.csap.cam.ac.uk. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- "John Todd | Royal Society". royalsociety.org. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- "David Rumbough Award Recipients" (PDF). JDRF. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Press Release – Helmholtz Zentrum München". www.helmholtz-muenchen.de. Retrieved 2019-07-11.
- JDRF/WT Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory
- Cambridge BioResource
- Profile at the Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
|This biographical article about a Scottish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|