|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||144.13 kg/mol|
|(what is this?)|
On May 15, 2013, both companies announced that 2 new trials were starting (COMPARE and ASCERTAIN) and the first patients had already been enrolled.
In Nov 2015 the SARIL-RA-TARGET trial reported good results (meeting both its coprimary end points).
Side effects of subcutaneous sarilumab
The MONARCH trial suggested a significantly higher incidence of neutropenia in patients receiving 200 mg sarilumab every 2 weeks, compared to patients being treated with adalimumab (13.6% vs 0.5%). However, infection rates were similar between both groups (28.8% vs 27.7%).
- Anti-IL-6 anti-inflammatories
- "Statement On A Nonproprietary Name Adopted By The USAN Council: Sarilumab" (PDF). American Medical Association. Needs subscription
- Sanofi and Regeneron Report Positive Phase 2b Trial Results with Sarilumab in Rheumatoid Arthritis. July 2011
- Sanofi and Regeneron Announce Patient Enrollment in Two Phase 3 Trials with Sarilumab in Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). May 2013
- "Sarilumab Plus Methotrexate in Patients With Active Rheumatoid Arthritis and Inadequate Response to Methotrexate: Results of a Phase III Study.". Arthritis Rheumatol. 67 (6): 1424–37. 2015. PMID 25733246. doi:10.1002/art.39093.
- Sarilumab effective in broad range of RA patients: Study
- Efficacy and safety of sarilumab monotherapy versus adalimumab monotherapy for the treatment of patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (MONARCH). Nov 2016
|This monoclonal antibody-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This antineoplastic or immunomodulatory drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|