Khwaja Sabz Posh District
Khwaja Sabz Posh
|• Total||800  km2 (Formatting error: invalid input when rounding sq mi)|
Khwaja Sabz Posh District is the district where the Faryab Province capital Maymana is located. It is a rural district without its own capital. The Khwaja Sabz Posh district is the closest district to the north of Maymana city. Khoja Sabz Posh is the name of a deceased village elder who was famous for always wearing the color green. There is a shrine dedicated to him on a hilltop just north of the Bazaar. It contains 85 villages. Ethnic diversity includes 80% Uzbek, 10% Pashtun and 10% Tajik.
From 24 April and 7 May 2014, flash flooding from heavy rainfall resulted in the destruction of public facilities, roads, and agricultural land. Within the cluster of villages of Badghisi, Khoja Qoshri, Murcha Ghal, Dehnaw, Ghuzzari, Yangi Qala, Kosa Qala, and Sarai Qala, 371 families were severely affected and one person was reportedly killed.
- "District Names". National Democratic Institute. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Afghanistan Geographic & Thematic Layers
- "Faryab Province". Government of Afghanistan and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development. Archived from the original on 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- Khwaja Sabz Posh District (Re-elected)
- "Afghanistan Flash Flood Situation Report" (PDF). International Organization for Migration. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
|This Faryab Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|