Kyowa Hakko Kirin
|Traded as||TYO: 4151
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||July 1, 1949|
|Headquarters||Ohtemachi Building, 1-6-1, Ōtemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8185, Japan|
|Nobuo Hanai, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||JPY) (FY 2013)|
|JPY) (FY 2013)|
Number of employees
|7,152 (consolidated) (as of December 31, 2013)|
|Parent||Kirin Holdings Company, Limited|
|Subsidiaries||47 (33 in Japan and 14 overseas countries)|
|Footnotes / references
Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd. (協和発酵キリン株式会社 Kyōwa Hakkō Kirin Kabushiki Kaisha?) is a Japanese pharmaceutical and biotechnology company under the Kirin Holdings, and is among the 40 largest in the world by revenue. The company is headquartered in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo and is a member of the Nikkei 225 stock index.
On July 1, 1949 the forerunner of the present company, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co., Ltd. is established. Following the merger with Kirin Pharma Co., Ltd., on October 1, 2008 the company changed its name to its present.
Business segments and products
- Pharmaceuticals business
- Bio-Chemicals business
- "Kyowa Hakko Kirin Company Overview". Kyowa Hakko Kirin. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- "Kyowa Hakko Kirin Corporate Profile" (PDF). Kyowa Hakko Kirin. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- "Kyowa Hakko Kirin Annual Report 2012". Kyowa Hakko Kirin. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "Top 50 Pharma Companies by 2012 Revenue". Wildwood Ventures Ltd. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- "ProStrakan Acquires Archimedes Pharma for $394M". Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News. Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. July 11, 2014. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "FY 2013 Consolidated Financial Summary". Kyowa Hakko Kirin. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|