Secom Co., Ltd. is a security company in Japan. It has operations in Japan, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Myanmar.
In 1966, the company developed Japan’s first on-line security system. In 1983, Nippon Keibi Hosho adapted the name Secom, which was originally used only as a brand name of the company. The Secom name "was coined as a contraction of 'security' and 'communication', the concept of this brand was to build 'a new security system collaborating people and science'”.
- "Lock 'em up. (Secom is benefitting from Japan's growing security systems industry)". The Economist. 27 July 1991. Archived from the original on 22 June 2018. Retrieved 22 June 2018 – via Highbeam.
- Lewis, Leo (1 January 2004). "Selling safety gets serious: security giant Secom soars on a mix of media hype and menace". Japan Inc. Archived from the original on 22 June 2018. Retrieved 22 June 2018 – via Highbeam.
- Ishikawa, Akira; Nejo, Tai (1999). Top Global Companies in Japan. World Scientific. p. 100. ISBN 981238684X.
- "Origin of the Secom brand and company name". Secom. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SECOM Co..|
- Official website (in English)
- Official website (in Japanese)
- "Security drone chases trespassers all on its own". Engadget. 13 December 2015.