TOPIX Large 70 Component
|Headquarters||Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi, Japan|
|Revenue||¥1,861 billion (FY2017)|
|¥176 billion (FY2017)|
|Total assets||¥1388 billion (FY2017)|
Number of employees
The company was founded as Ogori Shoji Co., Ltd. in 1963 by Tadashi Yanai.
In September 1991, Ogori Shoji changed its name to Fast Retailing Co., Ltd., and was listed on the Hiroshima Stock Exchange in July 1994.
The company also owns the American brand Theory; Fast Retailing acquired "an equity stake in Link Theory Holdings Co Ltd, the marketer of the Theory and Helmut Lang apparel brands, in 2004". It acquired the rest of the company in 2009.
- "Fast Retailing Results for Fiscal 2017 and Estimates for Fiscal 2018 (4,175KB)" (PDF). Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "Overview | FAST RETAILING CO., LTD". Fast Retailing Co., Ltd. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Uniqlo Syndrome. Toyo Keizai Shinpo Sha. ISBN 4-492-76191-8 Tenkai Japan. ASIN: B004PYDPOK.
- "Apparel and textile industry factsheets"[permanent dead link].
- Li, Shan. "Fast Retailing buys majority stake in L.A. denim line J Brand". LA Times.