Location of Hathras district in Uttar Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Hathras|
|• Total||1,840 km2 (710 sq mi)|
|• Density||850/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||73.1 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||872|
|Website||[up.gov.in Official website]|
Hathras district, is a district of Uttar Pradesh state of India. The City of Hathras is the district headquarters. Hathras district is a part of Aligarh Division. This district occupies an area of 1800.1 km². The district has a population of 1,565,678 (2011 census).
The district comprises four tehsils: Hathras, Sadabad, Sikandra Rao and Sasni, which are further divided into seven blocks: Sasni, Hathras, Mursan, Sadabad, Sahpau, Hasanpur Baru, Sikandra Rao and Hasayan.
- Khushalpur City is a city] on the Aligarh-Kanpur Road. While Khushalpur City and Seekur are separate, the revenue department counts them as one city. The Aligrah-Kanpur Road through this City links NH 91 to NH 92. According to the 1991 census, the population of the city was 1987 people. The city is a residential region for both Hindu and Muslim populations, including multiple Hindu castes. Brahmins, Jats, Jatav (Chamar) Pal[disambiguation needed], Harijans, and Telis, among other castes, reside or have resided there. The socio-economic status of the City is in line with the national average. Bauhre Chandan Singh Shiksha Mandir, a private school in the City, provides education up to the eighth grade and is accompanied by a primary school. Sushila Kaushik Academy of Education, covers grades nine to twelve. The school is run Bauhre Chandan Singh Shiksha Samiti.
According to the 2011 census Hathras district has a population of 1,565,678, roughly equal to the nation of Gabon This gives it a ranking of 318th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 851 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,200/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001–2011 was 17.19%. Hathras has a sex ratio of 870 females for every 1,000 males, and a literacy rate of 73.1%.Hinduism and Islam are the predominant religions followed in the district.
- "Important Cabinet Decisions". Information and Public Relations Department. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "City of Khushalpur City Sub District Hathras". Local Government Directory. Ministry of Panchayati Raj. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.