This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (MCGM)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
400018 and 400030
|Vehicle registration||MH 01|
Worli (ISO: Varaḷī, [ʋəɾ(ə)ɭiː]) is a locality in Central Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the four peninsulas of Mumbai while the other being Colaba, Bandra and Malabar Hill. The sea connects it with Bandra via the Bandra-Worli Sea Link. Historic spellings include Warli, Worlee, Varli, and Varel. Originally Worli was a separate island, one of the Seven Islands of Bombay which were ceded by the Portuguese to England in 1661, it was linked up with the other islands in the 19th century.
In the 1990s, a group of terrorists attacked a building in Worli as well as major buildings in the city.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2023)
Celebrities who Reside in Worli
Famous Indian celebrities as well as celebrity couples reside in the Worli area of Mumbai:
- Shahid Kapoor
- Rohit Sharma
- Yuvraj Singh
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma
- Riteish Dekhmukh and Genelia D'Souza
- D'Cunha, Jose Gerson (1900). "IV The Portuguese Period". The Origins of Bombay (3 ed.). Bombay: Asian Educational Services. p. 265. ISBN 81-206-0815-1. Retrieved 4 January 2009.
- "'93 blasts: 3 more get death sentence - Times of India". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 17 October 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2022.
- "Our Offices". Go First. Retrieved 13 December 2022.
Go First Head Office: [...]