|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||219.328 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
N-Ethylhexedrone (also known as α-ethylaminocaprophenone, N-ethylnorhexedrone, hexen and NEH) is a stimulant of the cathinone class. N-Ethylhexedrone was first mentioned in a series of patents by Boehringer Ingelheim in the 1960s which led to the development of the better-known drug methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV). Since the mid-2010s, N-ethylhexedrone has been sold online as a designer drug.
- Matsuta, Shuntaro; Katagi, Munehiro; Nishioka, Hiroshi; Kamata, Hiroe; Sasaki, Keiko; Shima, Noriaki; Kamata, Tooru; Miki, Akihiro; Tatsuno, Michiaki; Zaitsu, Kei; Tsuboi, Kento; Tsuchihashi, Hitoshi; Suzuki, Koichi (2014). "Structural characterization of cathinone-type designer drugs by EI mass spectrometry". Japanese Journal of Forensic Science and Technology (in Japanese). 19 (2): 77–89. doi:10.3408/jafst.19.77.
- Herbert, Koeppe; Karl, Zeile; Gerhard, Ludwig (28 May 1965), Patent DE1545591 - Verfahren zur Herstellung von α-Aminoketonen mit heterocyclischer Aminogruppe (in German)
- Kolanos, Renata; Solis, Ernesto; Sakloth, Farhana; Felice, Louis J. De; Glennon, Richard A. (18 December 2013). ""Deconstruction" of the Abused Synthetic Cathinone Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) and an Examination of Effects at the Human Dopamine Transporter". ACS Chemical Neuroscience. 4 (12): 1524–1529. doi:10.1021/cn4001236. PMC 3867964. PMID 24116392.
- "2-(Ethylamino)-1-phenylhexan-1-one". New Synthetic Drugs Database.
- "Analytical Report - N-Ethylhexedrone" (PDF). European Project RESPONSE.
- "指定薬物一覧" [Designated drug list] (PDF) (in Japanese). Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
- "31 nya ämnen kan klassas som narkotika eller hälsofarlig vara" [31 new substances can be classified as drugs or health hazardous products] (in Swedish). Folkhälsomyndigheten. 21 June 2016.