6-propyl- 6-nor- Lysergic acid diethylamide,
(6aR,9R)- N,N- diethyl- 7-propyl- 4,6,6a,7,8,9- hexahydroindolo- [4,3-fg] quinoline- 9- carboxamide
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||351.50 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
PRO-LAD is an analogue of LSD. It is described by Alexander Shulgin in the book TiHKAL. PRO-LAD is a psychedelic drug similar to LSD, and is around as potent as LSD itself with an active dose reported at between 100 and 200 micrograms.
On June 10, 2014 the UK Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) recommended that PRO-LAD be specifically named in the UK Misuse of Drugs Act as a class A drug despite not identifying it as ever having been sold or any harm associated with its use. The UK Home office accepted this advice and announced a ban of the substance to be enacted on 6 January 2015 as part of The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Amendment) (No. 2) Order 2014.
PRO-LAD is illegal in Switzerland as of December 2015.
- Andrew J. Hoffman, David E. Nichols: Synthesis and LSD-like discriminative stimulus properties in a series of N(6)-alkyl norlysergic acid N,N-diethylamide derivatives. In: Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 28, 1985, p. 1252–1255, doi:10.1021/jm00147a022.
- T. Niwaguchi, Y. Nakahara, H. Ishii: Studies on lysergic acid diethylamide and related compounds. IV. Syntheses of various amide derivatives of norlysergic acid and related compounds. In: Yakugaku Zasshi. Vol. 96, No. 5, May 1976, p. 673–678, PMID 987200.
- Robert C. Pfaff, Xuemei Huang, Danuta Marona-Lewicka, Robert Oberlender and David E. Nichols: Lysergamides Revisited. In: NIDA Research Monograph 146: Hallucinogens: An Update. p. 52, 1994, United States Department of Health and Human Services.
- Hoffman AJ, Nichols DE (September 1985). "Synthesis and LSD-like discriminative stimulus properties in a series of N(6)-alkyl norlysergic acid N,N-diethylamide derivatives". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 28 (9): 1252–5. doi:10.1021/jm00147a022. PMID 4032428.
- ACMD (10 June 2014). "Update of the Generic Definition for Tryptamines" (PDF). UK Home Office. p. 12. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Verordnung des EDI über die Verzeichnisse der Betäubungsmittel, psychotropen Stoffe, Vorläuferstoffe und Hilfschemikalien". Der Bundesrat.
|This Hallucinogen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|