National Register of Historic Places listings in Harrisonburg, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in the independent city of Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the city. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Description|
|1||Turner Ashby Monument||June 12, 2017
|1164 Turner Ashby Ln.
|2||Bethel AME Church and Dallard-Newman House Historic District||November 24, 2017
|184-192 Kelley St.
|3||George Earman House||July 15, 1982
|109 Pleasant Hill Rd.
|4||Thomas Harrison House||July 26, 1973
|30 W. Bruce St.
|5||Harrisonburg Downtown Historic District||January 19, 2005
|Main St. and adjacent areas between Kratzer Ave. and Grace St.; also 245 and 240 Old South High St.
||Second set of addresses represent a boundary increase approved April 30, 2018.|
|6||Anthony Hockman House||July 8, 1982
|E. Market and Broad Sts.
|7||Newtown Cemetery||February 17, 2015
|Roughly bounded by Kelley, Hill, Sterling, and Gay Sts.
|8||Old Town Historic District||February 14, 2008
|Roughly bounded by Cantrell Ave. and Ott, Water, and S. Main Sts.
|9||Rockingham County Courthouse||September 16, 1982
|10||Lucy F. Simms School||February 11, 2004
|620 Simms Ave.
|11||Whitesel Brothers||May 18, 2005
|131 W. Grace St.
|12||Joshua Wilton House||May 24, 1979
|412 S. Main St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Morrison House||September 22, 1971|
|September 28, 1982||W. Market and N. Liberty Sts.||Harrisonburg||Demolished February 1982|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Harrisonburg, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Rockingham County, Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 14, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.