National Register of Historic Places listings in Dinwiddie County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Dinwiddie County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Dinwiddie County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 18 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 2 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|W of Petersburg off VA 600
|Southwest of the junction of Routes 627, 613, and 645
|3||Butterwood Methodist Church and Butterwood Cemetery||
|4||Conover Archaeological Site||
|5||Dinwiddie County Court House||
|Jct. of U.S. 1 and VA 619
|6||Five Forks Battlefield||
|12 mi. W of Petersburg on CR 627 at Church Rd.
|West of Petersburg on Mark Dr.
|Central State Hospital Grounds
|19216 Old White Oak Rd.
|10||Petersburg Breakthrough Battlefield||
|Jct. of Duncan and Boydton Plank Rds.
||Petersburg||Site of the Third Battle of Petersburg.|
|11||Petersburg Breakthrough Battlefield Historic District at Pamplin Historical Park||
|6125 Boydton Plank Rd., 6619 Duncan Rd.
||Petersburg||A portion of the site of the Third Battle of Petersburg.|
|12||Petersburg National Battlefield||
|SE, S, and SW of Petersburg
|VA 665 S of jct. with VA 40
|S of Sappony Creek off VA 692
|15||Stony Creek Plantation||
|W of Petersburg off VA 632
|5 miles (8.0 km) east of Dinwiddie Court House
|9818 Jack Zehmer Rd.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Central State Hospital Chapel||
||West Washington Street Extended
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Dinwiddie County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Petersburg, Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- McCary, Ben C. "A Workshop Site of Early Man in Dinwiddie County, Virginia". American Antiquity 17.1 (1951): 9-17: 11.