National Register of Historic Places listings in Chesterfield County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Chesterfield County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Chesterfield County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 29 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|2900 Boisseau St.
|11410 and 11400 Beach Rd.
||Chesterfield||Boundaries decreased on March 24, 2010|
|Off VA 673, northwest of the junction with State Route 147
|8000 Jefferson Davis Highway
||Richmond||Plantation house originally known as Sheffields and later as Auburn Chase. Boundary increase on August 1, 2013.|
|5||Bethel Baptist Church||
|1100 Huguenot Springs Rd.
|6||Bon Air Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Forest Hill Rd., N. Robert, W. Bon View Dr., and McRae Rd.
|7||Bridge at Falling Creek||
|US 1/301 at Falling Cr.
|9||Chester Presbyterian Church||
|Junction of Osborne Rd. and State Route 10
|10||Chesterfield County Courthouse and Courthouse Square||
|North side State Route 10, 350 feet (110 m) east of the junction with VA 655
|11||Dale's Pale Archeological District||
|Western terminus of the Bermuda Hundred peninsula
|12||Dinwiddie County Pullman Car||
|Hallsboro Yard, northeast of the junction of VA 606 and VA 671
|South of the junction of VA 621 and 602
|14||Falling Creek Ironworks Archeological Site||
|Just above the waterfalls on Falling Creek
|15||Falling Creek UDC Jefferson Davis Highway Marker||
|US 1 at Falling Creek Wayside
|8700 Bethia Rd.
|920 Hallsboro Rd.
|West of Midlothian on US 60
|251 Henricus Park Rd.
|1608 Willis Rd.
|0.5 miles (0.80 km) west of Matoaca off State Route 36
|1.5 miles (2.4 km) east of Midlothian on VA 677
|24||Pocahontas State Park Historic District||
|10301 State Park Rd.
|25||Point of Rocks||
|1005 Point of Rocks Rd.
|26||Proctor Creek, Jefferson Davis Highway Marker||
|9300 Block of Jefferson Davis Hwy.
|27||Swift Creek Mill||
|North of Colonial Heights on U.S. 1
|28||Town of Bermuda Hundred Historic District||
|Both sides of Bermuda Hundred and Allied Rds.
|29||Vawter Hall and Old President's House||
|Virginia State University campus
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Chesterfield County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Colonial Heights, Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Petersburg, Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 16, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Bellwood National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form" (PDF). Virginia Department of Historic Resources. 1978. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- Stevenson, Christopher M. National Register of Historic Places Multiple Property Documentation Form: Prehistoric Through Historic Archaeological Resources and Architectural Resources at Bermuda Hundred. National Park Service, 2006-06, 20.
- Higgins, Thomas F., III. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Falling Creek Ironworks Archeological Site. National Park Service, 1994-04-19, 28.
- "Henricus Historical Park". Retrieved 18 December 2014.