National Register of Historic Places listings in Tazewell County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Tazewell County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Tazewell County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 22 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Big Crab Orchard Site||
|Grounds of Historic Crab Orchard Museum, 3663 Crab Orchard Rd.
|2||Bull Thistle Cave Archeological Site (44TZ92)||
|3||Burke's Garden Central Church And Cemetery||
|Southeast of Burke's Garden on Burkes Garden Rd.
|4||Burke's Garden Rural Historic District||
|Valley encircled by Garden Mountain
|5||Chimney Rock Farm||
|State Route 91
|6||Clinch Valley Roller Mills||
|River Street Dr.
|146 Beartown Rd.
|Junction of State Route 91 and Wardell Rd.
|10||Capt. James Moore Homestead||
|Abbs Valley Rd.
|11||Old Kentucky Turnpike Historic District||
|Along Indian Creek Rd., Old Kentucky Turnpike, College Hill Rd., and Cedar Valley Dr.
|12||Pocahontas Historic District||
|Corporate boundaries of Pocahontas including cemetery
|13||Pocahontas Mine No. 1||
|Shop Hollow Rd.
|14||Richlands Historic District||
|Includes portions of Front, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Sts., and Grayson Ave., Lee St., Washington Sq., and Suffolk Ave.
|15||Alexander St. Clair House||
|West of Bluefield on Hockman Pike
|16||Walter McDonald Sanders House||
|17||Tazewell Avenue Historic District||
|Tazewell Ave., Fairfax Ave., Front St., 2nd St., 3rd St., and 4th St.
|135 Railroad Ave.
|19||Tazewell Historic District||
|Main, Church, Tower, and Pine Sts., Central Ave., and Fincastle Turnpike; also the 100 block of W. Fincastle Turnpike, the 200 and 300 blocks of W. Main St., and the 300 block of W. Pine St.
||Tazewell||Second set of addresses represents a boundary increase 2016-08-15|
|20||George Oscar Thompson House||
|Thompson Valley Rd.
|102 Suffolk Ave.
|22||James Wynn House||
|408 S. Elk St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Tazewell County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Mission and History, Historic Crab Orchard Museum, 2014. Accessed 2017-01-14.