National Register of Historic Places listings in Culpeper County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Culpeper County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Culpeper County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 26 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|17736 Auburn Rd.
|807 S. Main St.
|7091 Monumental Mills Rd.
|18175 Croftburn Farm Rd.
|5||Culpeper Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Edmonson St., the Norfolk Southern railroad line, Stevens St., and West St.
|6||Culpeper National Cemetery||
|305 U.S. Ave.
|Junction of Blackjack and Mount Pony Rds.
|U.S. Route 522, W.; also Elmwood Farm Dr., W.
||Boston||Elmwood Farm Dr. represents a boundary increase of December 24, 2013, the Elmwood Farm and Browning Store|
|U.S. Route 522, approximately 0.5 miles (0.80 km) west of Main St.
|North of Brandy Station on Farley Rd., south of the Hazel River
|19484 Brandy Rd.
||Brandy Station||A field hospital during the Civil War. Many signatures and hand drawings by soldiers have been discovered on the inside walls.|
|Northeast of Raccoon's Ford
|1931 Orange Rd.
|501 East St.
|15||A. P. Hill Boyhood Home||
|102 N. Main St.
|16||Little Fork Church||
|Junction of Oak Shade and Little Fork Church Rds.
|Locust Grove Ln.
|Maddens Tavern Rd.
|20509 Clover Hill Rd.
|20||Mitchells Presbyterian Church||
|303-307 S. Main St.
|22||Rapidan Historic District||
|Junction of Rapidan, Old Rapidan, and Locust Dale Rds.
||Rapidan||Includes such structures as the Rapidan Passenger Depot.|
|East of the junction of State Route 3 and Batna Rd.
|16190 Germanna Highway
|306 N. West St.
|26||South East Street Historic District||
|S. East, E. Asher, E. Chandler, and Page Sts., and the Culpeper National Cemetery
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Culpeper County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.