National Register of Historic Places listings in Gloucester County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Gloucester County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Gloucester County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 33 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|U.S. Route 17 south of its junction with Feather Bed Ln.
|2||Abingdon Glebe House||
|South of the junction of U.S. Route 17 and Burleigh Rd.
|T.C. Walker Rd., south of its junction with Zanoni Rd.
|East of Gloucester off State Route 3
|3198 Cappahosic Rd.
|North of the York River
||White Marsh||Faced Carter's Creek until its destruction by fire circa 1900|
|7||Gloucester County Courthouse Square Historic District||
|Main St. and Gloucester County Courthouse Sq.
|8||Gloucester Downtown Historic District||
|Seven blocks of Main St. from the courthouse circle to Ware House Rd.
|9||Gloucester Point Archaeological District||
|Off U.S. Route 13 on Gloucester Point
|10||Gloucester Women's Club||
|On U.S. Route 17
|6640 Ware Neck Rd.
|Off Allmondsville Rd.
||Capahosic||Home of Robert R. Moton|
|East of Shacklefords on State Route 33
|7437 Kenwood Ln.
|Southeast of Naxera on The Corderoy
|East of Gloucester Point on Little England Rd.
|Southwest of Ware Neck, 0.5 miles south of Ware Neck Rd.
|18||Point Lookout Archaeological Site||
|19||Walter Reed Birthplace||
|Southwest of Gloucester at the junction of Belroi and Hickory Fork Rds.; also 4021 Hickory Fork Rd.
||Belroi||Hickory Fork Rd. address represents a boundary increase of December 15, 2015|
|0.3 miles (0.48 km) east of Roaring Spring Rd.
|5113 Old Rosewell Ln.
|22||Shelly Archeological District||
|23||Site 44GL103-Quest End||
|5488 and 5476 Roanes Wharf Rd.
|East of Wicomico off Borden Rd.
|East of the junction of State Route 14 and Toddsbury Ln.
|26||T.C. Walker House||
|1 Main St.
|27||Ware Neck Store and Post Office||
|6495 Dunham Massie Rd.
|28||Ware Parish Church||
|Northeast of Gloucester on State Route 14
|Warner Hall Rd.
|30||Werowocomoco Archeological Site||
|3051 Ginny Hill Rd.
|White Hall Rd.
|4310 U.S. Route 17
|33||Zion Poplars Baptist Church||
|7000 T.C. Walker Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Gloucester County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 14, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Fairfield, Gloucester Co., Slideshow, DHR [slide 6], n.d. Accessed 2016-10-01.
- Waterman, Thomas Tileston, and John A. Barrows. Domestic Colonial Architecture of Tidewater Virginia. 1968 hardback reprint ed. New York: Scribner's, 1932, 31.
- McCartney, Martha W., and David K. Hazzard. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Gloucester Point Archaeological District. National Park Service, 1980-06-06, 12.
- Fonzo, Stephen, et al. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Point Lookout Archaeological Site. National Park Service, 2013-09-13, 25.
- Gloucester County Comprehensive Plan, Gloucester County, 2015-11, 3. Accessed 2017-02-04.