National Register of Historic Places listings in Gloucester County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Gloucester County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Gloucester County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 33 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Abingdon Church||September 15, 1970
|U.S. Route 17 south of its junction with Feather Bed Ln.||White Marsh|
|2||Abingdon Glebe House||September 15, 1970
|South of the junction of U.S. Route 17 and Burleigh Rd.||Gloucester|
|3||Airville||December 6, 1990
|T.C. Walker Rd., south of its junction with Zanoni Rd.||Gloucester|
|4||Burgh Westra||October 8, 1976
|East of Gloucester off State Route 3||Gloucester|
|5||Cappahosic House||April 11, 2003
|3198 Cappahosic Rd.||Gloucester|
|6||Fairfield Site||July 16, 1973
|North of the York River||White Marsh||Faced Carter's Creek until its destruction by fire circa 1900|
|7||Gloucester County Courthouse Square Historic District||October 3, 1973
|Main St. and Gloucester County Courthouse Sq.||Gloucester|
|8||Gloucester Downtown Historic District||December 27, 2010
|Seven blocks of Main St. from the courthouse circle to Ware House Rd.||Gloucester|
|9||Gloucester Point Archaeological District||June 10, 1985
|Off U.S. Route 13 on Gloucester Point||Gloucester Point|
|10||Gloucester Women's Club||January 24, 1974
|On U.S. Route 17||Gloucester|
|11||Hockley||July 9, 2010
|6640 Ware Neck Rd.||Gloucester|
|12||Holly Knoll||December 21, 1981
|Off Allmondsville Rd.||Capahosic||Home of Robert R. Moton|
|13||Kempsville||December 21, 1978
|East of Shacklefords on State Route 33||Shacklefords|
|14||Kenwood||May 18, 2015
|7437 Kenwood Ln.||Gloucester|
|15||Lands End||November 6, 1974
|Southeast of Naxera on The Corderoy||Naxera|
|16||Little England||December 18, 1970
|East of Gloucester Point on Little England Rd.||Gloucester Point|
|17||Lowland Cottage||September 22, 1971
|Southwest of Ware Neck, 0.5 miles south of Ware Neck Rd.||Ware Neck|
|18||Point Lookout Archaeological Site||May 19, 2014
|Mobjack Rd.||White Marsh|
|19||Walter Reed Birthplace||September 20, 1973
|Southwest of Gloucester at the junction of Belroi and Hickory Fork Rds.; also 4021 Hickory Fork Rd.||Belroi||Hickory Fork Rd. address represents a boundary increase of December 15, 2015|
|20||Roaring Spring||September 22, 1972
|0.3 miles (0.48 km) east of Roaring Spring Rd.||Gloucester|
|21||Rosewell||October 1, 1969
|5113 Old Rosewell Ln.||Gloucester|
|22||Shelly Archeological District||July 12, 1990
|23||Site 44GL103-Quest End||September 10, 1979
|5488 and 5476 Roanes Wharf Rd.||Selden|
|24||Timberneck||September 10, 1979
|East of Wicomico off Borden Rd.||Wicomico|
|25||Toddsbury||November 12, 1969
|East of the junction of State Route 14 and Toddsbury Ln.||Gloucester|
|26||T.C. Walker House||December 4, 2009
|1 Main St.||Gloucester|
|27||Ware Neck Store and Post Office||June 3, 2009
|6495 Dunham Massie Rd.||Ware Neck|
|28||Ware Parish Church||March 20, 1973
|Northeast of Gloucester on State Route 14||Gloucester|
|29||Warner Hall||November 25, 1980
|Warner Hall Rd.||Gloucester|
|30||Werowocomoco Archeological Site||March 15, 2006
|3051 Ginny Hill Rd.||Gloucester|
|31||White Hall||August 16, 1984
|White Hall Rd.||Zanoni|
|32||Woodville School||February 11, 2004
|4310 U.S. Route 17||Ordinary|
|33||Zion Poplars Baptist Church||August 5, 1999
|7000 T.C. Walker Rd.||Gloucester|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Gloucester County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 17, 2020.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 24, 2008.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Fairfield, Gloucester Co., Slideshow, DHR [slide 6], n.d. Accessed 2016-10-01.
- Waterman, Thomas Tileston, and John A. Barrows. Domestic Colonial Architecture of Tidewater Virginia. 1968 hardback reprint ed. New York: Scribner's, 1932, 31.
- McCartney, Martha W., and David K. Hazzard. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Gloucester Point Archaeological District. National Park Service, 1980-06-06, 12.
- Fonzo, Stephen, et al. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Point Lookout Archaeological Site. National Park Service, 2013-09-13, 25.
- Gloucester County Comprehensive Plan, Gloucester County, 2015-11, 3. Accessed 2017-02-04.