National Register of Historic Places listings in Nelson County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Nelson County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Nelson County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 22 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|E of Shipman on State Route 626
|3008 Warminster Rd.
|511 Rockfish Valley Highway
|4||Haines Chapel and Cemetery||
|2600 Tye River Tpk.
||Vesuvius||Extends into Rockbridge County|
|5||Lovingston High School||
|8445 Thomas Nelson Highway
|6||Lovingston Historic District||
|State Route 56 (Front St.) from Orchard Rd. (N) to Sunset Ln. (S), Parallel to U.S. Route 29
|7||Mitchell's Brick House Tavern||
|5365 Thomas Nelson Highway
|NE of Norwood on State Route 626
|9||Nelson County Courthouse||
|Off U.S. Route 29
|10||Oak Ridge Railroad Overpass||
|SW of Shipman on State Route 653
|2325 Pharsalia Rd.
|S of Wintergreen on State Route 151
|6840 Patrick Henry Hwy.
|12615 Norwood Rd.
|15||Schuyler Historic District||
|Crossroads of Schuyler Rd., Salem Rd. and Rockfish River Rd.
|SE of Shipman on State Route 626
|17||South Rockfish Valley Rural Historic District||
|Rockfish Valley Hwy. and feeder roads
|S of jct. of State Route 610 and U.S. Route 250
|State Route 56 (Crabtree Falls Highway)
|20||Wintergreen County Store||
|Junction of State Routes 151 and 627, 1368 Rockfish Valley Highway
|21||Major James Woods House||
|3042 Rockfish Valley Hwy.
|State Route 778 E of jct. with State Route 666
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||On the James River at end of VA 743
||Midway Mills||Demolished in 1998|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Nelson County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 25, 2016.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.