National Register of Historic Places listings in Botetourt County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Botetourt County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Botetourt County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 28 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another 2 properties were once listed but have been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|5640 Lee Ln.
|VA 608, 1.5 mi. E of jct. with VA 609
|3||Bessemer Archaeological Site (44 BO 26)||
|4||Blue Ridge Hall||
|11593 Lee Hwy.
|West of Fincastle on VA 600; also 7850 Breckinridge Mill Rd.
||Fincastle||7850 Breckinridge Mill represents a boundary increase of May 30, 2002|
|7||Buchanan Historic District||
|Roughly along Main St., from 19th St. to the intersection of US 81 and Main St.
|1.5 mi. N of Glen Wilton in the George Washington National Forest
|9||Fincastle Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Carper, Hancock, Catawba, and Back Sts., and Griffin Alley
|Eastern bank of the James River between Mill and Sinking Creeks
|Botetourt Center at Greenfield, U.S. Route 220
|1066 Greyledge Rd.
|1527 Hawthorne Hall Rd.
|14||Thomas D. Kinzie House||
|65 Kinzie Rd.
|13508 Lee Hwy.
|16||Looney Mill Creek Site||
|17||Bryan McDonald Jr., House||
|4084 Catawba Rd.
|S of Daleville
|NW of Eagle Rock off VA 615 over Craig Creek
|Off VA 606
|21||George Washington Rader House||
|8910 Lee Hwy.
|514 Rocky Rd.
|23||Roaring Run Furnace||
|NW of Eagle Rock on VA 621
|W of U.S. 220
|25||Varney's Falls Dam||
|1 mi. E of jct. of VA 608 and VA 609 on the James R.
|N side VA 639 1⁄4 mi. SE of jct. with VA 638
|Off US 220
|Lower and Washington Sts.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Botetourt County Courthouse||
||Corner of Main and Roanoke Sts.
||Fincastle||Added to National Register after it was destroyed by fire in December 1970|
|2||Springwood Truss Bridge||
||VA 630 over James River
||Springwood||Destroyed by flood in 1985|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Botetourt County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 6, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Hornum, Michael B. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Gala Site. National Park Service, 2009-06-23, 16.