A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Relatives||Qari Zahir Qasmi (Older Brother) Maulana Asif Qasmi (Older Brother) Qari Waheed Zafar Qasmi (Younger Brother)|
Shakir Qasmi (Urdu: قارى شاكر قاسمى), is a Pakistani Qāriʾ (a reciter of the Quran). He was the host of the children's television program Iqra (transl. read), which provided lessons and exercises on properly reciting and pronouncing Quranic Arabic. This program aired and re-ran on the Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV) from 1978 to 1985. It was later hosted by Qari Waheed Zafar Qasmi (his younger brother), and thereon by Qari Khushi Muhammad. Qari Shakir Qasmi was also the first person to recite the Quran in the United Nations.
- Dars e Quran
- Quran recitations by Shakir Qasmi, English translations by Mohammad Marmaduke Pickthall, translations read by Aslam Azhar https://web.archive.org/web/20110107132926/http://quran.net/quran/transPickthalShakirAzhar.asp?sNum=055&sNameA=Ar-Rahman&sNameE=The%20Beneficent&Ayaat=78&Origin=Makkah Archived from the original on 7 January 2011, Retrieved 23 April 2019
- Qari Shakir Qasmi on musicmillennium.com website Retrieved 23 April 2019
- Shalimar Recording, IQRA | Lesson 2 | Movements (Harakat) | Qari Khushi Muhamad Al Azhari | Tariq Lodhi, retrieved 8 February 2019
- Shalimar Recording, IQRA | Lesson 3 | Kasra (Zair) Ka Qaida | Qari Khushi Muhamad Al Azhari | Tariq Lodhi, retrieved 8 February 2019
- Shiraz Qasmi, Qari Shakir Qasmi's recitation for the United Nations, retrieved 8 February 2019
- "Durs i Quran by Shakir Qasmi قارى شاكر قاسمى". Scribd. Retrieved 8 February 2019.