1 August 1947
|Children||Madiha Rizvi (daughter)|
Special Award for Sajna Door Diya (1970) (a Punjabi film)
Early life and career
Raheela was born at Ranchi, Bihar, British India on 1 August 1947. In the 1950s, she was living with her married sister near Karachi Cantt. Station (a railway station) in a slum area of Karachi. She started her career as a child actress in the film Faisla (1959) and was nicknamed "Chutanki" as she was still a little girl.
She got a breakthrough in Charagh Jalta Raha (1962 film), a Fazal Karim Fazli film. Her performances in several films, such as Milan (1964), Khamosh Raho (1964), Aina (1966), Payal ki jhankar (1966), Doraha (1967 film), Sangdil (1968), Dard (1969), Sajna Door Diya (1970), Neend hamarey khuwab tumharey (1971), Ansoo (1971), Pardes (1972), and Seeta Maryam Margaret (1978) have won critical acclaim. She played many supporting characters, including on-screen mother in several films throughout most of the 1980s and 1990s.
Deeba married camera man Naeem Rizvi in 1971 and left silver-screen for 10 years. However, financial hardships made her join the Pakistani film industry again in 1987 as a supporting actress.
She acted in several television plays in early 2000s.
List of television projects
- Mother of Desert (TV Film) – Indus TV
- Moorat (TV Serial) – ARY TV
- Manzil (TV Serial) – ARY TV
- Riyasat (TV Serial) – ARY TV
- Sarkar Sahab (TV Serial) – ARY TV
|Sadkey Teri Maut Ton||1977|
|Watan Kay Rakhwalay||1991|
|Pal Do Pal||1999|
Awards and recognition
- Profile of Deeba on Cineplot.com website Published 27 September 2009, Retrieved 24 June 2020
- "Profile of Deeba". Pakistan Film Magazine website. 17 August 2004. Archived from the original on 5 March 2008. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- Omair Alavi (1 August 2017). "Happy Birthday Deeba - Samaa TV". Samaa TV News website. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- "Fame and fidelity". Dawn (newspaper). 2 August 2007. Archived from the original on 15 May 2008. Retrieved 24 June 2020.
- Nigar Award for Deeba in 1970 on Cineplot.com website Published 13 May 2010, Retrieved 24 June 2020
|This article about a Pakistani film actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|