Siddiq Ismail belongs to the Memon community. His parents migrated from India to Pakistan in 1947 after the Partition of India. He started his career at the age of 6 at a local mosque in Old Town, Karachi. He suffered from poliomyelitis at an early age and became physically handicapped. In 1965, he joined Radio Pakistan program Bachon ki Dunya. Since then, he has been selected regularly for Hamd-Naat recitation on various radio and TV shows in Pakistan.
He has received various awards internationally and nationally and was placed on the list of '500 Influential Muslims'.
"Siddiq Ismail has performed in the presence of presidents, prime ministers, governors, chief ministers and foreign dignitaries."
Some popular naats
- Noori Mehfil Pay Chadar Tani Noor Ki
- Mera Dil Bhi Chamka De Ae Chamkane Wale
- Chamak Tujhse Paatay Hain Sab Paanay Wale
- Na Kahin Se Dur Hain Manzalein
Awards and recognition
- "Ismail, Al-Hajj Siddiq (Siddiq Ismail profile)". The Muslim 500 website. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- Siddiq Ismail Pride of Performance Award info on hamariweb.com website Retrieved 5 December 2018
- Mehfil-e-Na'at on first death anniversary of Haji Abdul Razzaq Yaqoob ARY News website, Published 20 February 2015, Retrieved 5 December 2018
- Profile of Siddiq Ismail on urduwire,com website Retrieved 5 December 2018
- Naat by Siddiq Ismail on YouTube Retrieved 5 December 2018
- Sindh Governor decorates 28 recipients with civil awards (Siddiq Ismail receives Sitara-i-Imtiaz Award for 2013 on Business Recorder (newspaper) Published 23 March 2013, Retrieved 5 December 2018
- Abida Parveen, Aleem Dar among winners Posthumous awards for Manto, Mehdi Hassan (list includes Siddiq Ismail) Dawn (newspaper), Published 14 August 2012, Retrieved 5 December 2018
- "Siddiq Ismail New Naats, Latest 2015 Online & Download Famous Audio MP3 Naat of Siddiq Ismail"., Profile of Siddiq Ismail on hamariweb.com website